Where are you skiing for daytrips in April?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Hit up Hunter Saturday and CB Sunday. Great spring bumps and Hunter even had a GS course set up to play around in. Hitting Killy Wed-Fri and then Sugarbush Sat/Sun. Probably gonna close the season the following weekend at Killy. Tough for me to let go.... I'm hangin on as long as I can!!!

Hit up Hunter Saturday and CB Sunday. Great spring bumps and Hunter even had a GS course set up to play around in. Hitting Killy Wed-Fri and then Sugarbush Sat/Sun. Probably gonna close the season the following weekend at Killy. Tough for me to let go.... I'm hangin on as long as I can!!!

You're hardcore and after the following weekend KMart will still probably be open another month...after my Colorado trip I think I'll be done. That's neat that there was a GS course open to the public. I've never seen that before. I thought it was a liability to have gates open to the public.

Toast those are some near decorations. I have a double black diamond sign in my living room and Jackson hole topo map.

• Like 1

That's neat that there was a GS course open to the public. I've never seen that before. I thought it was a liability to have gates open to the public.

It wasn't open to the public. Trail was marked closed.

Steeze, you might like this. At CB MattEdge went ahead of me down Rocket which was bumped up with skier made bumps and in his secong turn he inexplicably supermannned down with slush flying everywhere and lost a ski. I skied up behind him to grab the ski for him and noticed his tailpiece sheered off the ski (these were the armadas from jlaw). This literally happened right at the top and there I was standing on a bump holding his tailpiece in the air cracking up hysterically as a crew of 5 bumpers waiting to get by were just staring at us. We motioned for them to go by and I still couldn't stop laughing. He was wasn't laughing by the way. He looked pissed and said he was just gonna walk down and get his Rossis but I offered to let him ski my kendos down while I would attempt something I've never done before: ski the bumps on one ski. Way harder than I thought. Especially on that pitch. I fell my first two turns actually. After that I switched tactics and was basically doing one footed hop-turns until the pitch flattened out. From there it was easy easy, but yeah, that dude grinds so hard he sheers off bindings.

• Like 3

got to  close out my season at whiteface - finally got a beautiful spring day in on Friday with highs in the 60's and great soft snow. Temps dropped along with 3-4 inches of fresh Friday night/Saturday to end the season on a pow(ish) day with variable conditions on Saturday. skunked again with no slides opening but a great end to the season just the same - mrs SnoBunSki was skiing WAY out of her comfort zone both days, caught up with some ny ski friends for a few runs and stoked to see jr huck a 3 off the big rock on the Wilmington trail!

psyched to make it the season with you fools - getting me some replacement parts in 3 weeks

• Like 5

Steeze, you might like this. At CB MattEdge went ahead of me down Rocket which was bumped up with skier made bumps and in his secong turn he inexplicably supermannned down with slush flying everywhere and lost a ski. I skied up behind him to grab the ski for him and noticed his tailpiece sheered off the ski (these were the armadas from jlaw). This literally happened right at the top and there I was standing on a bump holding his tailpiece in the air cracking up hysterically as a crew of 5 bumpers waiting to get by were just staring at us. We motioned for them to go by and I still couldn't stop laughing. He was wasn't laughing by the way. He looked pissed and said he was just gonna walk down and get his Rossis but I offered to let him ski my kendos down while I would attempt something I've never done before: ski the bumps on one ski. Way harder than I thought. Especially on that pitch. I fell my first two turns actually. After that I switched tactics and was basically doing one footed hop-turns until the pitch flattened out. From there it was easy easy, but yeah, that dude grinds so hard he sheers off bindings.

Wonder if the ski binding was drilled close to the original making it a weak spot...or drilled more than twice...

Crazy though....

Fwiw..... My freaking head is still killing me.

I wanted to go back out again next weekend but I think I may be done for the season now. Sux

That was a really cool story!!!!!

Phillycore did you ever get checked out...there've been people who've had a bad fall and concussion but didnt get checks out and literally checked out hours or days later.

I'm thinking about doing a weekend to Killington in May if conditions hold up and I don't lose all my money to hookers and blow in Vegas next week.

Where are you staying in Vegas???

That was a really cool story!!!!!

Phillycore did you ever get checked out...there've been people who've had a bad fall and concussion but didnt get checks out and literally checked out hours or days later.

Where are you staying in Vegas???

I'm not going to go to the hospital, I know I'm stupid....I've been told several times, by several people.

You really should go and get a head scan even if you feel all right.

Symptoms of a concussion can disappear after a few days, but there still may be issues (contusion, brain swelling, hematoma), that occur days after the concussion.

Not good to gamble when it comes to your head.

• Like 1

It does appear as though camelback has pulled the plug.  From their website - 

MOUNTAIN CLOSED
TUBING & ZIP OPEN

The ski area is closed for the season! Snowtubing and Camelback Mountain Adventures is open today - Wednesday for the Passover holiday. Come tube and play at our adventure park.

I think Boulder is saying they will be open this weekend with one lift.  Platty will be open at least Sat.  Wish that place was a little closer.  

• Like 1