Zee Lights

skifreak

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was wondering why they aren’t blowing on lower main where they need it but on vista and the horseshoe where coverage is good. 

i think that would require them running a compressor.  Nobody would see the compressor running, so it doesnt add to the show.  

Kudos for turning some stuff on, im sure it will go a long way on the FB, but they are just fighting the weather, and the weather is going to always win.  i work in a very weather dependent business, and i learned this a long time ago.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Benm said:

the one at the bottom where the triple is. heard an instructor saying something about it to someone. there is also a huge rectangle dug out. not sure if they were just moving that snow elsewhere, but it looks like the dimensions needed. 

Dunno, we took a run over to Vista yesterday and snow's still pretty deep on it yet. 
Of course, this upcoming week's temps are going to do a number on it, but that's also going to happen everywhere on the mountain.
IIRC, training hill was looking pretty bad yesterday with a big roped off mud area on looker's right of the right side run.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Dunno, we took a run over to Vista yesterday and snow's still pretty deep on it yet. 
Of course, this upcoming week's temps are going to do a number on it, but that's also going to happen everywhere on the mountain.
IIRC, training hill was looking pretty bad yesterday with a big roped off mud area on looker's right of the right side run.

yeah ill admit i was surprised to hear that. it doesn't seem like there's much on that hill but i feel as though those learning hill guns can put out a lot, maybe they were running last night? regardless i'm skeptical.

and that spot was bad. created quite the bottleneck. it was like a warzone with people coming straight down and not being able to turn away from it, then bailing to the ground right before the fence. 
image.png.dbcfd7e6bd8cf13fb6d90c7aa825b87f.png

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i wonder if they are running any of the snow guns that arent in front of the cameras.  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was wondering why they aren’t blowing on lower main where they need it but on vista and the horseshoe where coverage is good. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

i think that would require them running a compressor.  Nobody would see the compressor running, so it doesnt add to the show.  

Kudos for turning some stuff on, im sure it will go a long way on the FB, but they are just fighting the weather, and the weather is going to always win.  i work in a very weather dependent business, and i learned this a long time ago.  

The big question from anyone who was up today, did they seem to run any of the newer guns (or even the few fans) on Coming Soon or Paradise? Both could have used it, and both have guns that are supposed to be able to operate in the more marginal temps. 

If they made snow there, I would say that it's a legit attempt to piece together one more weekend maybe. If they didn't then I agree it's a PR show, because with the state of those runs, no reason not to

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just received a text from Blue that they made snow on 11 trails. 

i feel like the trail count went up overnight.  i dont remember skiing 11 trails yesterday.  

Did they mention one of those trails is in Danielsville?  cause, you know, it was a little windy last night.  

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just received a text from Blue that they made snow on 11 trails. 

One gun … The wind blew it onto 11 trails. 

kidding aside not much help from the weather. Tonight might be below freezing but nothing till next Wednesday ☹️

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

If he's got connections, I dunno what I've got. They texted me three times.

I still haven’t received anything about the season pass party.  Your theory that they mainly sent invites to those who skied less than ten days at Blue is Plausible since only Toast received an invite.  

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I still haven’t received anything about the season pass party.  Your theory that they mainly sent invites to those who skied less than ten days at Blue is Plausible since only Toast received an invite.  

Theory doesn't hold water.  I know some that received it that have skied more than 10 days.

I didn't receive one either and had to go to the chat line to get them to send RSVP URL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, indiggio said:

Theory doesn't hold water.  I know some that received it that have skied more than 10 days.

I didn't receive one either and had to go to the chat line to get them to send RSVP URL.

I received the email

Screenshot_20240311_210617_Gmail.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Boner City 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I would check if I received it but I’m trying really hard not to check my email after I leave work because always something. 

It was 5 days ago that I received it.

maybe it'll be a ski it til you can't event. the fact that they tried to blow in those temps the last couple nights leads me to believe they'll try to freshen things up early next week for the following wknd

• Like 2