Zee Lights

skifreak

Certainly not the case at AlpineZone where there are multiple threads devoted to comparing different pass deals and a sticky thread at the top of the forum devoted to pointing our ski deals. 

And my threads on the merits of different pass deals have gotten a good amount of action here.

I realize it may not be interesting to folks of the mindset "I live 20 miles from Blue and have friends that like to drink and grill in the lot so I am buying a pass there whatever they charge unless they stop letting me grill in the lot in which case I will complain a bunch then buy another Blue pass and buy my food and beers in the lodge because I don't think like an accountant and don't mind blowing an extra $50 on beers every time I ski"

But you can always not click those threads, or scroll by when it comes up other places where it is relevant, like when folks discuss the possibility of Blue joining Epic.

Give it a whirl on AZ and see what the response is then. Better yet try TGR. I'm sure they'll provide loads of helpful advice.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

unlikely.  he just will never understand.  keep in mind, this is the guy who thinks the "glades" at Blue are "good"

No I have complained about how lame Blue is in that area and it being their biggest shortcoming compared to JFrost (and one of their many shortcomings compared to Hunter). But the little they have is at least a minor change of pace from a mountain otherwise full of unnatural terrain like man made snow on groomers and seeded bumps 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hahaha he would never get any deep perder..he can’t get out of bed early so gets sloppy seconds.  

And standing in line at the ticket window to get one ticket when the other 2 have direct access, so he can save $100

Decided on all 3 passes if you guys want to continue the pass discussion. And I expect I get up earlier to make it on the snow by 830 with 2 kids than many of you do to get on the snow at 8. Not that there is any powder to be gotten 90% of days and I find no real appeal to "fresh cord"

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If blue didn’t seed bumps, there’d only be natural moguls immediately after a snowstorm.  Manmade snow..without manmade snow there wouldn’t be any skiing within 200 miles..Ski2Live I’m close to giving your four Dings. 

I am not suggesting they stop making snow. I would suggest they leave some trails ungroomed to bump up naturally. And I feel the small and not great glades, when snow is such that they are enjoyable to ski, at least provide a slight change from what is otherwise pretty dull as skiing experiences go, though there is nothing better as close to my house. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

its funny on here seeing people who dont have kids acting like it is some easy task to get elementary school aged children up and at the mountain for opening

Half of Ski2Lives visits are by himself and he still can’t get his ass up..he still would be a blast on a Jackson hole trip...Ski2Live I’ll meet you at the Mangy moose on February 30th..Bruce is buying 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I live 90 to 100 min from the mountain, and unless there is fresh ungroomed snow, see no reason to prioritize getting there in time to lay first tracks on "fresh cord" 

It's not so much about laying first track as about maximizing your time on the mountain before the crowds arrive. If you start at 8am, you have 30 more minutes of decent skiing than when you start at 8:30.

With that said, sometimes it may be counterproductive to come too early because that fresh cord can be frozen solid, and so waiting a little until it softens up will give you better conditions. And that's especially true during shoulder season when crowds are not an issue.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

It's not so much about laying first track as about maximizing your time on the mountain before the crowds arrive. If you start at 8am, you have 30 more minutes of decent skiing than when you start at 8:30.

With that said, sometimes it may be counterproductive to come too early because that fresh cord can be frozen solid, and so waiting a little until it softens up will give you better conditions. And that's especially true during shoulder season when crowds are not an issue.

Thanks captain obvious 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

its funny on here seeing people who dont have kids acting like it is some easy task to get elementary school aged children up and at the mountain for opening

When my kids were school age, they were dragging me out of bed to ski. My kids and the kid next door would shovel our driveway when it snowed before the sun came up so  I could get them on the hill. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

When my kids were school age, they were dragging me out of bed to ski. My kids and the kid next door would shovel our driveway when it snowed before the sun came up so  I could get them on the hill. 

Yeah cause your kids are badass. When I’d go skiing with my dad I’d get first chair without him if he wasn’t ready.  I remember once at killington doing a quick superstar lap while he was still booting up.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah cause your kids are badass. When I’d go skiing with my dad I’d get first chair without him if he wasn’t ready.  I remember once at killington doing a quick superstar lap while he was still booting up.  

Yup. Good times. 

Vail resorts ? Really ? That's so.......basic.
If there is one thing Blue mtn isn't it's basic. Weird means different and different in this sense is mostly good. I can't knock her at the end of the day if she takes the $$ and runs, the ski business is shitty and who knows if anyone else would want it. That said I would be disappointed if she sold, Blue is Blue, it has character and is interesting, Vail is wonderful but does the EC need another Disney type place ? What about another faux Austrian village like Stratton or a billion other places ? 5 high speed 100000 packs won't make the skiing any better and it's sure as shit going to make almost everything else worse. Does blue sometimes make some rather interesting choices ? Sure but they also employ people almost entirely from the area. Think about if you can even name another resort that does that. Besides skiing fast on Paradise they let us do pretty much whatever we want. When it snows they have never once said a word to me about skiing wherever. Fuck this weekend there is a dude who's going to make Creme fucking Brulee in their parking lot. The owner walked into the parking lot and asked a bunch of men drinking beer at 1030am what we thought if she asked us to move and when we were not so thrilled did absolutely nothing. Think about that for a second, what if we did Sausage Sunday outside of a karate dojo, in most of the world that shit just doesn't fly.
I've been lots of places, there is a place for Vail resorts but there is also a place for slightly weird places that break the mold. Skiing shouldn't be golf and if saving a couple hundo on traveling places is something you'd give up alot of things money can't buy than Vail resorts is right up your alley. Vail resorts loooooooves bubble lifts, what more do I have to say ?

#gold

• Like 1