Zee Lights

skifreak

On Friday at 10am Blue mountain is trying to put together the worlds largest ski and snowboard lesson for the Guinness book of world records. It's stupid. post-512-0-74943200-1452014522_thumb.png

First 100 people to sign up get $10 lift ticket, lesson and rental package. Sounds like a great way to learn...not

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

On Friday at 10am Blue mountain is trying to put together the worlds largest ski and snowboard lesson for the Guinness book of world records. It's stupid. attachicon.gifimage.png

First 100 people to sign up get $10 lift ticket, lesson and rental package. Sounds like a great way to learn...not

Lots of areas are participating in this. It is not just a Blue thing.

Then how will they get a world record for largest lesson???

It is 160 ski areas (including Blue Shawnee Alpine & CB in Eastern PA) banding together to try to say they are having the world's largest lesson based on all the lessons being done simultaneously. Really a PR stunt that makes for lots of ski areas offering really cheap lessons on one day to fill their areas on a Friday and introduce new people to the sport.

Currently there is no record for multi-site simultaneous lessons and there is a 500 person record for simultaneous learners at one site (which one site could beat cpnceivably this day, in addition to participating in setting multi-site record)

Learntoskiandsnowboard.org

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Might consider skiing in the rain if I was staying at a mountain and had paid for a multi day ticket. Will not drive hours to pay for the privilege.

I have. Some good hero conditions to be had if you don't mind the limited visibility.. Granted, you feel like an idiot driving up but after those first few turns [emoji106]

• Like 2

I'll never understand the not buying a season pass thing.

For some people, skiing is just a couple time a year activity and others don't wanna only go to the same place. My Montana friend is insane. He said he'll see how the season starts out and then decide if he's gonna get a pass or not which means he won't get a pass and go like five days.