2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow that looks like a nice place.  They even have a pool. I hope you brought your swimming trunks. 

I'm amazed at how inexpensive Winter Park is and the availability of hotels. It seems if you go midweek nonholiday there is absolutely positively no reason to book a nonrefundable reservation. I learned my lesson the hard way..

If it snows a lot I might do 3 days at Winter Park and 1 day at Copper. Dont want to drive in the snow unless I have to. Want to do Copper because it's by the Eisenhower Tunnel which I've always thought is very cool.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm amazed at how inexpensive Winter Park is and the availability of hotels. It seems if you go midweek nonholiday there is absolutely positively no reason to book a nonrefundable reservation. I learned my lesson the hard way..

If it snows a lot I might do 3 days at Winter Park and 1 day at Copper. Dont want to drive in the snow unless I have to. Want to do Copper because it's by the Eisenhower Tunnel which I've always thought is very cool.

Copper is not by the Eisenhower tunnel. Loveland is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Copper is not by the Eisenhower tunnel. Loveland is.  

When's your first day at Jackson Hole? No stoke thread? Maybe I'll drive up one day to do a run with you. It's only 7 hours and 40 minutes away.

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, phillycore said:
2 hours ago, phillycore said:

You could always make the trip out to Steamboat it is definitely more than worth it.

and there's always this little hidden gem....

03a2c6ff4a70999d6df58d939cadeeaf.jpg

Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is room for 2 people behind the hot water fall from the upper pool to the lower. That is where I proposed. I kept the rock in the cottage though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

You need to get a better weather forecasting source.

Hope conditions hold up. At least it's supposed to get cold again. I'd love to ski Stowe again but got spoiled last year when it snowed every day I was there... hahaha

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Hope conditions hold up. At least it's supposed to get cold again. I'd love to ski Stowe again but got spoiled last year when it snowed every day I was there... hahaha

Spring conditions today and tomorrow. Resetting for Winter 4.0 up here.

10 hours ago, phillycore said:
10 hours ago, phillycore said:

You could always make the trip out to Steamboat it is definitely more than worth it.

and there's always this little hidden gem....

03a2c6ff4a70999d6df58d939cadeeaf.jpg

Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta do them at night for the full experience!
The number of stars you can see is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Well looks like I made it. My RTMs are in the background. Made sure to lock them up since they're the most popular ski in Winter Park. Lots of fresh perder, 2 or 3 inches dumped overnight. I was complaining the whole time cleaning the snow off the rental car (just kidding!!!)

20190205_075052.thumb.jpg.27fbb39fa1351913fc813d96f1aa1840.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1