Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

Just now, Justin said:

can't muck up those wedding shots...

Last year they shut “A” lift down (right outside the hotel) at 1:30pm on a Saturday to take wedding photos and it ended up causing a huge line at “B”. Once the wedding shots were done they waited almost another hour to open it back up. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Last year they shut “A” lift down (right outside the hotel) at 1:30pm on a Saturday to take wedding photos and it ended up causing a huge line at “B”. Once the wedding shots were done they waited almost another hour to open it back up. 

wtf?? Probably was Bridezilla insisting they shut the place down for her. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kyle said:

Bear creek confirmed opening for tomorrow at 4 with essentially 1 “actual” run and no lodge due to private events on Friday and Saturday. 

gotta get the publicity somehow 

Lodge is closed due to brew fest on Friday. 

Just now, mbike-ski said:

we went lat year, fun time

I thought about going up to ride a little then make my way in there but I decided to get tickets to Ford vs Ferrari instead. It looks like they have a good list of brewery’s going though. 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

@enjoralas I'll probably book the flight soon, deciding on returning on 2/28 versus 2/29.  On the direct from Newark to Hayden, there are only 7 windows seats left at economy price. If they sell out I'll be paying $23 extra to look at the wing.

image.png.68a118fad4b88d35cb94c4a559140878.png

What’s $23 extra?

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What’s $23 extra?

The white squares with the little black right angle triangles. Aka "preferred" seating. Probably 1 inch extra of leg space.

I can also be fancy and spend $72 on a blue square. That would be epic.

Edited by saltyant

43 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The white squares with the little black right angle triangles. Aka "preferred" seating. Probably 1 inch extra of leg space.

I can also be fancy and spend $72 on a blue square. That would be epic.

Blue square is likely economy plus.  You’ll be sitting with some major league jet setters up there. In steamboat wear a cowboy hat so you don’t look like a gaper

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue square is likely economy plus.  You’ll be sitting with some major league jet setters up there. In steamboat wear a cowboy hat so you don’t look like a gaper

Solid advice. Wow, I always wanted to be in the major leagues in airplane seating. You're 5 posts away from 66666 posts. Congrats!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not good. Almost 200 skiers were stranded on a lift at mount snow for 2 hours.  I hope they offered free cocoa as compensation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/unofficialnetworks.com/2019/11/19/190-skiers-were-stranded-on-lift-at-vt-ski-resort/amp/

That could be described as Epic.  That really sucks.  

• Like 1