Jack Frost Big Boulder 2019/20

antman12

The home mountain for my sister in Maine was Saddleback, and they shutdown a couple of years ago because they couldn’t afford to replace their main lift. Hopefully they will manage to get investors to continue operations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It isn't just the lifts. I'm not a park rat but I have noticed Big Boulder is lagging far behind where they normally are this time of the season in their park build out. They should have features on all their parks, but so far they only have Freedom and a partial build of Tbaum. Hell, they aren't even fully open with only 11/16 trails. That is inexcusable considering how quickly they moved to open historically. It really feels like they're doing the bare minimum. 

Something is up. This year feels different. 

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

It isn't just the lifts. I'm not a park rat but I have noticed Big Boulder is lagging far behind where they normally are this time of the season in their park build out. They should have features on all their parks, but so far they only have Freedom and a partial build of Tbaum. Hell, they aren't even fully open with only 11/16 trails. That is inexcusable considering how quickly they moved to open historically. It really feels like they're doing the bare minimum. 

Something is up. This year feels different. 

There’s something happening here what it is ain’t exactly clear 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They have the Elevator slope kind of open yesterday with an "ungroomed terrain" sign marking the drop off, though there was not enough coverage on the flattish area below the drop, so you would have to either curve back onto River Shot or walk back to it. 

Didn't try it.

34 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

They have the Elevator slope kind of open yesterday with an "ungroomed terrain" sign marking the drop off, though there was not enough coverage on the flattish area below the drop, so you would have to either curve back onto River Shot or walk back to it. 

Didn't try it.

How was Floyd’s??  Does your epicpass meal plan work at Jack Frost?  Asking for a friend @saltyant

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Frost is not so exciting on the days it is nothing but groomers.

Exactly.  And if the current weather pattern holds true, nothing off trail will get much further love from snowmaking.  Thats been my experience.  

26 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It is a Peak dining card and works at Frost. Floyd's was nice. River Shot had a bit better conditions. Bummer there were no bumps on Exhibition and (understandably) no trees in play. Frost is not so exciting on the days it is nothing but groomers.

The glades are open at Blue.  I’ll let you know when the early bird pass goes on sale.  

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The glades are open at Blue.  I’ll let you know when the early bird pass goes on sale.  

Cant see going back to a 1 mtn PA pass again unless it is an absolute steal. Kids have gotten a taste for skiing larger places and having variety. They found skiing the same place almost every weekend kind of dull last year, notwithstanding a couple mini glades.

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cant see going back to a 1 mtn PA pass again unless it is an absolute steal. Kids have gotten a taste for skiing larger places and having variety. They found skiing the same place almost every weekend kind of dull last year, notwithstanding a couple mini glades.

How does the dining card work??

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How does the dining card work??

I believe I paid $250 and got a card with $287.50 on it to be used at any Peak resort food service place (except Waffle Cabin) with no time limit. Have just under $90 left on it so should easily use it up this year.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Wow just wow. I could ski only at Blue Mountain the True Mountain for the next 75 years and not get bored.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Damn you're so elite! 

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow just wow. I could ski only at Blue Mountain the True Mountain for the next 75 years and not get bored.

Oh for sure it takes a whole lifetime to explore all the nooks and crannies...Salty what do you think $250 for $287.50 worry of food at Epic resorts???