Elk Day 2020

RidgeRacer

Hate to say it but do we look at another day for this? According to weather.com the hourly is showing 90% to 100% chance of rain until around 11am. Granted that's for Union Dale; or do we chance it and assume it's snow at the mountain?

@rummy does this mess anything up for you. @enjoralas, @Benm what are you guys thinking?

Fuck rain.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Hate to say it but do we look at another day for this? According to weather.com the hourly is showing 90% to 100% chance of rain until around 11am. Granted that's for Union Dale; or do we chance it and assume it's snow at the mountain?

it's a tough call. I'm not sure of the topography and exactly how much higher elk is than union dale's reporting station.

i dont need a whole lot of lead time, i would just need to know around 7am. I was going to keep an eye on the forecast into early this evening for any major changes, maybe around 6pm and then start discussing whether or not to bail. I'm not sure if that is too late/short notice for others tho. no one has purchased tickets yet, right?

it would help if elk had Blue's ticketing model (ie. 8hrs starting at first scan rather than at opening)...

I have no problem with rescheduling if you want. Usually Elk is colder and snowier than Union Dale. But, this forecast is Real Iffy... Actually the snow today was the best of the week. Groomed buttery surface, with some icy cord down low. Temperature inversion we surmised..
FOGGY.... though, really hard to see.

I'd really like you to be able to ski Elk when conditions are more typical of Elks Best.

SO it's up to you....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

maybe we resched? i dunno, it's such a tough call. i almost wish it would be forecast to pour until noon so that we could just have the answer. 

i'm certainly in for attempt 2.0 if we do resched. Like i said tho, i'm open to waiting it out before deciding for tomorrow.

Edited by Benm

54 minutes ago, saltyant said:
Lol, I'll laugh if you guys bail and they end up getting half a foot.

That was harsh. WTF Saltman.

Like I said game time decision. If schools are closed here I'm likely out. If schools are open and its rain here I may go and pray that its snow at Elk. Rummys TLCITW updates will help. We'll see.

Edit....wind gusts up to 30 mph as well.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Sad 1