Season Passes on sale Feb 10!

indiggio

I’m not assuming there will be a next season as usual. If no vaccine is (widely) available come November then expect further social distancing protocols implemented especially if pockets of the beast comes roaring back. That said, I will still purchase as you HAVE to have hope.

So we got that going for us

Yep. Gotta have hope that we'll be good to go next season. If no I'm assuming we'll get a refund.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Not without a vaccine

Well then Blue is gonna go out of business and Vail won’t have the money to buy it and then @EdBacon will do a lost ski areas video on blue...

If there are second and third lockdowns. People are gonna start to riot and it won’t be a quiet riot because we’re not gonna take it.  I am fortunate the Wuhan Bat plague didn’t hit in January or we would have all missed out on even more skiing and riding 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well then Blue is gonna go out of business and Vail won’t have the money to buy it and then [mention=13060]EdBacon[/mention]  I am fortunate the Wuhan Bat plague didn’t hit in January or we would have all missed out on even more skiing and riding 

Sequencing data shows the virus was already in nyc in January
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Price doesn’t go up until the end of the month..

The end of the month wont be any different than today.  I would like to have some positive income before making a purchase like that.  

53 minutes ago, Schif said:

Can Mont Bleu survive an entire season being closed? I'm going to imagine that by next Thanksgiving we will be once again sliding down the laziest of miles. 

This is why i think the "season pass sale" will continue until the day the rope drops on Vista.  I doubt there will be a huge increase in season pass price.  That will of course, get a whole bunch of peoples panties all in a bunch too, that already pre purchased.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, indiggio said:

I'm hopeful for a vaccine sooner than later, mainly because there's more of a concerted effort going on to create one against this virus.

I didn't think it matters how much effort is put into it... doesn't it take 18 months of waiting to test the effects?  I don't really know for sure and too lazy to look it up.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I didn't think it matters how much effort is put into it... doesn't it take 18 months of waiting to test the effects?  I don't really know for sure and too lazy to look it up.

They already have about 10 vaccines in the works with at least one starting clinical trials this month.  It’s not like companies have never created vaccines before, so they have some basis on which to build and with the number of companies working on it, they *should* have results quicker.  On top of it all, RNA/DNA sequencing takes a fraction of the time it used to, which the Chinese had already done for Covid-19 back in January.  Luckily they were open enough to share the sequence right away, allowing researchers to immediately start working on a vaccine.  Hope springs eternal!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They should have a contest, whoever comes up with a working vaccine first receives two tickets to Paradise..would be even better there if Eddie $$$$$ was there to present the tickets but unless he comes back to earth Sunday with Jesus it’s not happening. 

It’s a running contest and whichever company does create one will be in the Eddie $$$$.

54 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Well actually, it looks like they have never created a successful vaccine for a corona virus before.

I believe they were working on one for a previous SARS virus, but it was contained and then the need and funding for it dried up.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...