Whiteface Mountain, NY

Zonked

No Gore for me, WF for 3 days in a row it is. Gore's stupid website thing says the stupid tickets are sold out, or whatever, on the date I was gonna book. Completely absurd.

Ain't even mad tho. I'm sure WF will be grate! Guess I'll have to ski Huntah the following day to avoid a 6 hr drive back home after skiing.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

No Gore for me, WF for 3 days in a row it is. Gore's stupid website thing says the stupid tickets are sold out, or whatever, on the date I was gonna book. Completely absurd.

Ain't even mad tho. I'm sure WF will be grate! Guess I'll have to ski Huntah the following day to avoid a 6 hr drive back home after skiing.

Nice! WTGAI. What dates?

• Thanks 1

Even though I'm going in about a month I'm jelly. Since you're scoping out groomers be sure to ski Wilmington trail, parons, hoyts (if groomed), approach to mountain run, Essex etc. Skyward was the ladies downhill run in 1980 so I expect you to ski like an Olympian on it. Cloudspin was the mens run but its a natural snow trail now. If its open dont miss it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Even though I'm going in about a month I'm jelly. Since you're scoping out groomers be sure to ski Wilmington trail, parons, hoyts (if groomed), approach to mountain run, Essex etc. Skyward was the ladies downhill run in 1980 so I expect you to ski like an Olympian on it. Cloudspin was the mens run but its a natural snow trail now. If its open dont miss it.

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to ski these and all over the place. I love skiing natural snow trails since we hardly get the opportunity around here

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

True. I can't see salty wanting any parts of it.

Why's that? I enjoy steep groomers or ungroomed trails with moguls if the snow is good. I also like glades if they arent too difficult. 

If they have flat parts when you have to skate a lot then count me out.

Edited by saltyant

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to ski these and all over the place. I love skiing natural snow trails since we hardly get the opportunity around here

Victoria head wall below the crossover from little Whiteface. Niagara headwall just above it (on cloud spin). Take a gander at the slides to the right near the top of the Big Whiteface chair. I’ve seen people on it, but it is above my payscale.
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 10:38 AM, saltyant said:

Whiteface 2/3 to 2/5. I panicked and booked 2/5 this morning when I saw Gore is unavailable already. Thanks!!! Weather is looking T-riffic, should be grate !

WTF, now Gore is available on 2/5. But I already booked a nonrefundable Whiteface ticket. Grrr. I wanted to check out Gore.

I really hope this BS goes back to normal next year and I can ski wherever I want whenever I want.

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

WTF, now Gore is available on 2/5. But I already booked a nonrefundable Whiteface ticket. Grrr. I wanted to check out Gore.

I really this BS goes back to normal next year and I can ski wherever I want whenever I want.

Go to gore on a different trip. It’s not going anywhere. Tickets always become available at some point due to cancellations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I really hope this BS goes back to normal next year and I can ski wherever I want whenever I want.

Nothing is going back to 'normal' next ski season so start preparing yourself now.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Nothing is going back to 'normal' next ski season so start preparing yourself now.

Wouldn't care about reservations if they were refundable, even if you get a limited number of cancellations. For instance, my Hunter reservation can be cancelled if I don't use it by 12 pm the day of. But the system Whiteface, Gore, and many other mountains use says all ticket sales are final. 

Of course it doesn't matter because like Mixilplix says, I have to do whatever the ski places make me do or else can't ski there.

Addendum: checked WF's website and apparently you can contact customer service if you can't travel and they may work with you. Of course I still plan to go the days I booked, but you never know if something happens (e.g. car breaks, sick, blizzard so can't drive 6 hours, etc.)

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wouldn't care about reservations if they were refundable, even if you get a limited number of cancellations. For instance, my Hunter reservation can be cancelled if I don't use it by 12 pm the day of. But the system Whiteface, Gore, and many other mountains use says all ticket sales are final. 

Of course it doesn't matter because like Mixilplix says, I have to do whatever the ski places make me do or else can't ski there.

The non-refundable reservations are to keep people from going in and reserving every possible weekend and holiday they can, and then not using said reservation. It sucks, but it’s life now. It happened at the one golf course I played at this summer and after the first 3 weeks of it they made you pay in full, non refundable, for your tee time in advance 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Salty don’t speak for mixilplix..that’s ignorant. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Call them. Tell them you're looking to transfer it to gore. They're owned by the same people. They can probably do it for you
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Call them. Tell them you're looking to transfer it to gore. They're owned by the same people. They can probably do it for you

Thanks Ridge, I'll give it a try. If they can't do it no big deal at all, I'm sure I'll have a blast at either mountain