Whiteface Mountain, NY

Zonked

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did you call yet? I shouldn't have to remind you.

Emailed them last night. If I dont hear back by later today I might try calling. TFTR (thanks for the reminder).

The prices for both mountains are almost the same so I dont expect pushback from them. Dont care at all if they keep the few extra $s difference.

Edited by saltyant

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You're never gonna hear back. Put on your big boy pants, call them and get your Gore ticket.

I'm already a big boy. I don't like talking on the phone because it takes extra effort. I'm sure they're diligently working on a response as we speak

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I'm already a big boy. I don't like talking on the phone because it takes extra effort. I'm sure they're diligently working on a response as we speak

I wish my customers were like you.  My phone at work as been ring a ding dinging all week and this is supposed to be our slow time of year.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On topic: the weather is looking really good for your trip and not the below zero temperatures that Iceface can sometimes have. 

It is. I'm just slightly concerned about a potential snowstorm Monday night into Tuesday. Was planning to leave early Tues morning

Yeah, I know I'll get "STFU salty stop complaining about snow on a ski trip". I love snowstorms when I can easily get to the mountain, but I'm not driving 6 hours in a blizzard. So hopefully it comes before or after my trip if we get some purd.  

Regardless I'd only lose 1 day out of 4 probably. 

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

It is. I'm just slightly concerned about a potential snowstorm oMonday night into Tuesday. Was planning to leave early Tues morning

Yeah, I know I'll get "STFU salty stop complaining about snow on a ski trip". I love snowstorms when I can easily get to the mountain, but I'm not driving 6 hours in a blizzard. So hopefully it comes before or after my trip if we get some purd.  

Still far enough out to change and give you the opportunity to modify your departure schedule. It would be sweet if it hits once you are there. Take your GoPro if it does. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad you and salty are getting along again. 

Because when you want something don't complain about it on PASR, then send and email hoping for an email response when ski area workers are inundated and crazy busy probably looking at thousands of more important emails. Pick up the phone and get it done. Otherwise don't complain. Did you ever think that it may come from a place of love? I want Salty to experience Gore like he intended to. Would be nice for him.

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Pick up the phone and get it done.

learn from ridge's wisdom salty.

if i want shit to get done i am always doing it over the phone and it always yields a better result. it's much easier for people to ignore emails than a phone call.

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It is. I'm just slightly concerned about a potential snowstorm Monday night into Tuesday. Was planning to leave early Tues morning

I don’t see any snowstorm in the forecast. Just snow showers and if there is a storm drive up beforehand 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, saltyant said:

to be fair, i wouldn't wanna drive the NY thruway in a blizzard in a chevy sonic either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

learn from ridge's wisdom salty.

if i want shit to get done i am always doing it over the phone and it always yields a better result. it's much easier for people to ignore emails than a phone call.

Agree 100%.  I used to deal with a lot of people VIA email, be it property managers, or residents of those in the HOA.  Everybody is a keyboard hero.  People would send me emails full of complaints, like we moved their flower basket and didnt put it back and thats just totally unacceptable....blah blah blah.......  i would then go out of my way to call them back.....where they acted like "it was no big deal" and they were just nice as pie to me on the phone.  Stopping by their home to speak to them really knocks them off their guard as well.    

I will send emails if for some reason i need kind of a paper trail on something, but i usually call shortly after sending the email as well.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I apologized the other night while skiing Salty for being rude...yet you continue to poke fun at my WF / Vermont post. You're officially on ignore.

Toast was making fun of my Chevy Sonic (a grate car) so I had to call him out for completely misquoting Justo.  I did not intend to offend you in any way, but ok 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I apologized the other night while skiing Salty for being rude...yet you continue to poke fun at my WF / Vermont post. You're officially on ignore.

How does it work when someone is on ignore?  Do their posts just not show up?  What about quoted posts?