Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

So the behind the scenes stuff where money actually moves from account to account is facilitated by one of the major companies, Visa, Amex, MasterCard. A debit card will almost always have an affiliation with one of those. An ATM card typically isn't partnered with one of those companies and works to directly access your account at a bank, typically a small local bank or a credit union. 

I’m getting unofficial reports that NJ will close all schools from before thanksgiving until after MLK weekend. If that’s the case we will live in the POKES this winter and get out on the hill every afternoon during the week, if the hills are open.

Hope your kids know how lucky they are! You are an awesome dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

I’m getting unofficial reports that NJ will close all schools from before thanksgiving until after MLK weekend. If that’s the case we will live in the POKES this winter and get out on the hill every afternoon during the week, if the hills are open.

Thats a fucking fantastic way of taking advantage of a bad situation.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poconoceancity said:

Steezy...your area doesn’t seem to be that bad with Covid cases.  My friend who’s a Philly teacher is renting a house in Ventnor until May for cheap(only $1,000 a month plus utilities) and she’s loving it and they’ll likely be virtual the entire school year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Me cause I have zero use for a debit card.  

8E6D251D-A707-4819-8964-B6BE776950D9.jpeg

As soon as I saw this post it looked familiar. Bottom left on the back should say "IDEMIA4 73..." Your bank just ordered 2000 more of them and they are currently in production in Colombia. Super basic card. No chip, no antenna. Just a basic HiCo black magstripe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

As soon as I saw this post it looked familiar. Bottom left on the back should say "IDEMIA4 73..." Your bank just ordered 2000 more of them and they are currently in production in Colombia. Super basic card. No chip, no antenna. Just a basic HiCo black magstripe. 

It works...that is what matters and had a buttered bagel so that’s why there’s grease on the paper towel. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Who still uses an ATM card instead of a debit card...I didn't think they made ATM cards anymore..

I do actually have a debit/check card in my wallet.  Is it an ATM card as well?  i think so, but i havent used the thing since like February, and i was never a big fan of going to an ATM to take out money.  I always used it for groceries.  Why?  i have no idea.  now i just put everything on the CC, because most times you can just wave it at the machine, or toss it in the card reader without having to touch the pin pad.  Its probably time for me to shred it.  

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Steezy...your area doesn’t seem to be that bad with Covid cases.  My friend who’s a Philly teacher is renting a house in Ventnor until May for cheap(only $1,000 a month plus utilities) and she’s loving it and they’ll likely be virtual the entire school year. 

And Carbon County is way low.  But i would bet there would be an influx of people over the winter.  I doubt that POC is the only one thinking of doing that.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I do actually have a debit/check card in my wallet.  Is it an ATM card as well?  i think so, but i havent used the thing since like February, and i was never a big fan of going to an ATM to take out money.  I always used it for groceries.  Why?  i have no idea.  now i just put everything on the CC, because most times you can just wave it at the machine, or toss it in the card reader without having to touch the pin pad.  Its probably time for me to shred it.  

And Carbon County is way low.  But i would bet there would be an influx of people over the winter.  I doubt that POC is the only one thinking of doing that.  

Carbon county is no longer way low.  Their per capita case rates are just as bad as the Lehigh valley and Philly suburbs if not worse.  

33 new cases in Carbon yesterday population 64,000

170 new cases in Delco yesterday population 566,000

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Carbon county is no longer way low.  Their per capita case rates are just as bad as the Lehigh valley and Philly suburbs if not worse.  

33 new cases in Carbon yesterday population 64,000

170 new cases in Delco yesterday population 566,000

Cool math bro.  i still consider it way low.  look at it this way.

33 new cases in 387 square miles, Carbon County

170 Cases in 191 square miles, Delco.  

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Cool math bro.  i still consider it way low.  look at it this way.

33 new cases in 387 square miles, Carbon County

170 Cases in 191 square miles, Delco.  

Could you break that down into more useable terms? Like cases per Wawa? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Do you have a place in the Poconos already? If I was at liberty to move anywhere for the winter for proximity to skiing 7 days a week I can't say the poconos would be in the running.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Do you have a place in the Poconos already? If I was at liberty to move anywhere for the winter for proximity to skiing 7 days a week I can't say the poconos would be in the running.

Yes from 12/26-2/15, if it continues we will definitely be heading North, South or West until April 1st when my business fires up for the season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barb said:

Our school district just announced they will be 100% remote learning until at least January. They said they can no longer handle schools on an individual basis. They were really trying to keep k-2 in person as studies have shown that age bracket does the worst with remote learning. 

My son’s lung collapsed again and he had the surgery to fuse it to his chest wall yesterday and is now in ICU. Now I am just really concerned about COVID for him. I have been careful myself, but now I feel I should up my game even more since he is in my bubble. 

Sorry to hear about your son ! Don't forget to take care of yourself too and posi vibes sent for a quick recovery! ++++++++

• Thanks 1