Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Because the Moderna vaccine is like 90% effective after the first dose Canada is scheduling doses four months apart as a way to get more people vaccinated.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/british-columbia/2021/3/1/1_5328817.html

Might also be a great way to introduce further mutations. Tbd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

after getting a text that said "Wegmans go!!" I hopped on the internet and snagged myself an appointment for Saturday at 11am. Was hoping it was a weekday so I could just pop out of work and get the shot but oh well. Probably won't be at Blue on Saturday now.

• Like 3

3100 fans in the building for flyers and sixers games. 

not sure about the sixers, but flyers ticketing is going to work as follows: 

2021-22 full season ticket holders w/ inside edge and premium seat owners get priority and then there is a wait list for the general public. Us partial plan people got left out and are considered general public which is quite annoying considering I have 3 games worth of credits in my Ticket account for the games I missed last year. Oh well, it’s a start at least. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

not sure about the sixers, but flyers ticketing is going to work as follows: 

2021-22 full season ticket holders w/ inside edge and premium seat owners get priority and then there is a wait list for the general public. Us partial plan people got left out and are considered general public which is quite annoying considering I have 3 games worth of credits in my Ticket account for the games I missed last year. Oh well, it’s a start at least. 

A step in the right direction! 

32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

pocono is saying they're allowing fans, 20% is around 15k but it has to incl drivers / staff / etc. they don't fill up by any means, but i think that 15k limit will easily be hit. hopefully we can get in this year...

• Like 1

Just now, Benm said:

pocono is saying they're allowing fans, 20% is around 15k but it has to incl drivers / staff / etc. they don't fill up by any means, but i think that 15k limit will easily be hit. hopefully we can get in this year...

Are they having two races there this year again? It would be nice if they limited access to only one of the two per person, but I don't know how easy/difficult that would be to do.

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Are they having two races there this year again? It would be nice if they limited access to only one of the two per person, but I don't know how easy/difficult that would be to do.

yes. as for limiting it to 1/person i dont know how the logistics play out. lots of people camp in the infield, lots of people that have been consecutive yearly passholders and 'want' their races, people already have tickets, etc.

i'm still curious how they worked it out for the doubleheader with the ballers who have the 200K RVs trackside in their same spot every year for decades. only one person can get the solo wknd. nobody has ever said what the deal was with that. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Since they bumped the Olympics to this year I'm guessing they would do the double header again as well. They scheduled the two races in one weekend so that they could take a whole week off of Nascar broadcasting to show the Olympics on NBC and not lose a race. 

From a purely Covid angle I would think you would want the same 15k people going to both races rather than 30k total people mingling over two days. 

55 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Texas' stupid governor is dropping their mask mandate and allowing everything to be 100% operational with basically no COVID restrictions. This aught to play out well for them...

I love this. It will finally give us a great look at what happens when there are no restrictions. Will there be a spike? Probably. How big will it be? Will it be the kind of thing that makes them want to lock back down? Or will it be a risk/reward for the people making their own informed decisions?  In the name of science I love this move. Viva Texas!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We are getting closer to herd immunity.  This virus is gonna burn out..daily new cases are 1/4 what they were two months ago in both PA and nationwide.  In republicans states masks are already not as common as months ago but I think we’ll be wearing masks at grocery stores here until late in this year.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is there a mask mandate there?

Yes. Supposed to be similar to PA in regards to having to wear it into buildings, restaraunts, etc although it’s not well followed according to my friend who lives down there. He also said the older demographic down there seems to be the one that’s more relaxed when it comes to mask wearing.