Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Was in Chestnut Hill last weekend. Mandatory masks in every building, most people wearing them outside too. 

Is that considered part of philly?  I believe Philly still has an indoor mask mandate.  The Xmas party I’m going to next weekend requires either vaccination or same day negative Covid test to attend and the host who’s my good friend has received some pushback from a few. 

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I can’t believe people are still taking Covid seriously 

I went to josh early candies and wegmans today.  At josh early there were about 25 customers and 3-4 had masks on and at wegmans I saw about 30 customers and about 5 didn’t have masks on.  My customer today fist bumped me which was weird.  

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I went to josh early candies and wegmans today.  At josh early there were about 25 customers and 3-4 had masks on and at wegmans I saw about 30 customers and about 5 didn’t have masks on.  My customer today fist bumped me which was weird.  

I’ve noticed People feel more comfortable fist bumping instead of shaking hands.  I guess germs hang out on the palm of the hand, but not the knuckle

Masks are now optional at several Lehigh valley school districts. Mainly suburban and rural ones includinG Catty school district, Nazareth, Northampton, northern Lehigh, pen argyl, and whitehall. It's required at the rest of the valleys school districts at least through the end of the school year.  

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Masks are now optional at several Lehigh valley school districts. Mainly suburban and rural ones includinG Catty school district, Nazareth, Northampton, northern Lehigh, pen argyl, and whitehall. It's required at the rest of the valleys school districts at least through the end of the school year.  

Masks haven’t been required all year in Catasaqua, from what the wife’s cousin told her. They just dropped that foolishness in Northampton yesterday. It’s about time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

lololol GTFO with Joe Rogan 🤣

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

He has some pretty interesting guests. I personally think it's a great show. Did you see the one with Snoop Dogg? 

He does a better job of hearing all sides of an issue than most other media.  He had Sanjay Gupta, and now this guy.

I find it funny that to be a good liberal people have to hate Rogan.  I'm right in the middle politically, and from what I've listened to I think he's pretty damn fair and encourages critical thinking rather than blind ideology.  However - people who are too dumb to think critically are dangerous because they will hear him say something and just blindly follow along.  He's a comedian, not a doctor. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

He has some pretty interesting guests. I personally think it's a great show. Did you see the one with Snoop Dogg? 

I listened to part of it since I used to be a huge snoop can, but Snoop kept playing his terrible new music which I didn't love.

4 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

He does a better job of hearing all sides of an issue than most other media.  He had Sanjay Gupta, and now this guy.

I find it funny that to be a good liberal people have to hate Rogan.  I'm right in the middle politically, and from what I've listened to I think he's pretty damn fair and encourages critical thinking rather than blind ideology.  However - people who are too dumb to think critically are dangerous because they will hear him say something and just blindly follow along.  He's a comedian, not a doctor. 

You hit the nail on the head. He's a dude who, through a crazy roundabout way on a podcast, gets to talk to anyone he finds interesting and lays it all out there. The guy had Bernie Sanders on for 3 hours and loves him now. He gets high as a kite and wears a space suit with other comedians. He sits down and has deep conversations with philosophers. Sometimes he talks to scientists/doctors and sometimes he talks to guys who have seen UFOs. He's an equal opportunity chit chatter and at the end of the day if you have the time to sit down and listen to 3 hours of people talking you'll probably learn something. The whole concept of the show is a long form conversation, not a bite size interview or sound bite machine. 

• Like 3

Covid is really making its way around the NFL and NBA right now.  I've heard some people arguing that the NFL should allow asymptomatic people who test positive to play, since there haven't been any documented in-game transmissions.  It'll be interesting to see how the sports leagues' policies evolve in the coming years since Covid will be around. 

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Covid is really making its way around the NFL and NBA right now.  I've heard some people arguing that the NFL should allow asymptomatic people who test positive to play, since there haven't been any documented in-game transmissions.  It'll be interesting to see how the sports leagues' policies evolve in the coming years since Covid will be around. 

Nearly all of these sportsball players who have been getting Covid are fully vaccinated and not even sick. They only know they have Covid because they are subject to frequent testing. I’m sure many of us have had Covid and didn’t even know because we were asymptomatic or just had a mild cold.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I’ll be at Barclays center tomorrow with my mask and proof of vaccination.  Nets are getting hit hard with Covid right now.  Most likely I’ll pay the $70.34 round trip in tolls (seriously) and then find out they cancel it

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ll be at Barclays center tomorrow with my mask and proof of vaccination.  Nets are getting hit hard with Covid right now.  Most likely I’ll pay the $70.34 round trip in tolls (seriously) and then find out they cancel it

At broadway shows it’s the same thing. Proof of vax and masks required.  My friend will go to bars in NYC but not in Allentown because she knows that everybody in NYC bars is vaxxed.