Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

8 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Can I bother you for deets ? Revel has been on my list since covid started

the rules are here. I assume your vaxxed? they check vax cards everywhere.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

It’s not that bad. Just more rules than I prefer to have in my life. 

If your fully vaxxed, you have to schedule a test at like CVS. You’ll likely get results within 24-48 hours. CVS opens their testing schedule 14 days out. 

- 3 days before you arrive to Canada do a covid test at a place like CVS

- 2 days before you arrive to Canada … do another test at a place like CVS (just in case you don’t know how to count like me or something goes awry.) 

- if you don’t have your test results before you leave, there are rapid test places but they charge you for it (they don’t bill through insurance).

you have to download the ArriveCAN app and you upload your vaccination and test results there.

when you check in for your flight, the desk agent will ask to see your vaccinations, covid test results, and ArriveCAN code. 

When you go through customs, you have to show your vaccinations, covid test result, and ArriveCAN code again. 

After customs, I was randomly selected for yet another PCR test. 

I must have taken like 4 PCR tests. Ha. I was such a negative nancy 🏆 

——————-

when I flew in Canada the rule said “Proof of a valid negative molecular test taken within 72 hours of your scheduled flight’s departure time to Canada or your entry to Canada by land or water” then if you had a connection, the wording was confusing. They basically check when you first arrive into Canada.

I had two questions.

(1) do I know how to count? I thought … 72 hours from my connection? Or when I arrive in Vancouver? And do they factor in time zone? Clearly, I over thought it and took an extra test the day before I left (just in case)

(2) will I get my results in time? With a PCR test, the time to get a result varies. In December, it took 5+ days. Fortunately, turn around time is like 24 hours now. I was prepared to get a rapid RT-PCR from vybe and pay the $150 in case I didn’t get the results

Hope that was helpful! 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, skiincy said:

the rules are here. I assume your vaxxed? they check vax cards everywhere.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

It’s not that bad. Just more rules than I prefer to have in my life. 

If your fully vaxxed, you have to schedule a test at like CVS. You’ll likely get results within 24-48 hours. CVS opens their testing schedule 14 days out. 

- 3 days before you arrive to Canada do a covid test at a place like CVS

- 2 days before you arrive to Canada … do another test at a place like CVS (just in case you don’t know how to count like me or something goes awry.) 

- if you don’t have your test results before you leave, there are rapid test places but they charge you for it (they don’t bill through insurance).

you have to download the ArriveCAN app and you upload your vaccination and test results there.

when you check in for your flight, the desk agent will ask to see your vaccinations, covid test results, and ArriveCAN code. 

When you go through customs, you have to show your vaccinations, covid test result, and ArriveCAN code again. 

After customs, I was randomly selected for yet another PCR test. 

I must have taken like 4 PCR tests. Ha. I was such a negative nancy 🏆 

——————-

when I flew in Canada the rule said “Proof of a valid negative molecular test taken within 72 hours of your scheduled flight’s departure time to Canada or your entry to Canada by land or water” then if you had a connection, the wording was confusing. They basically check when you first arrive into Canada.

I had two questions.

(1) do I know how to count? I thought … 72 hours from my connection? Or when I arrive in Vancouver? And do they factor in time zone? Clearly, I over thought it and took an extra test the day before I left (just in case)

(2) will I get my results in time? With a PCR test, the time to get a result varies. In December, it took 5+ days. Fortunately, turn around time is like 24 hours now. I was prepared to get a rapid RT-PCR from vybe and pay the $150 in case I didn’t get the results

Hope that was helpful! 

That is beyond helpful, your the best ! 

The whole random thing at the airport was a little confusing but if I can get up there it would be worth it. 

• 3 weeks later...