Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

18 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Magic's policy is that you have to pay when you make the reservation. Don't know how that works with pass holders though. Maybe a refundable deposit that is forfeited if you don't show up?

That sounds reasonable, Or a debit card type system. - If passholders have to make a reservation, then they have to pay $$ for missing the reservation, and have to pay before they can use the pass again, or make another reservation.  I mean, i do believe passholders should have some type of added benefit over day pass people, but passholders making reservations just for the sake of making reservations, and skipping them, is going to really impact the resort.  Its going to be tricky, no matter what.  

charging season passholders for missing reservations would be wrong
yes, passholders making blind reservations not knowing if they'll show is wrong and would impact the mtn

each season pass should a no-show record. ex.
if you no-show N times, you are disallowed to reserve for a week.
or, if it's lottery style, your show to no-show ratio decreases your chances.

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What???  Thought you like skiing at Blue..don’t be a stoke stomper. 

I was joking. @toast21602 said asked if anyone wants to buy his pass but we all know he'll be there. If they make us jump through too many hoops to ski or impose restrictions (e.g. a circus), I might take up cross country skiing instead to get away from it all.

Edited by saltyant

I was joking. [mention=511]toast21602[/mention] said asked if anyone wants to buy his pass but we all know he'll be there. If they make us jump through too many hoops to ski or impose restrictions (e.g. a circus), I might take up cross country skiing instead to get away from it all.
Just go to quieter ski areas.

13 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

This season could be more crowded than ever as people look for outdoor activities to do

Once the weather turns and movie theaters and the like still aren't open and there isn't any football to watch on Saturday (except for a game or two that the NFL will slip in there) and the kids don't have basketball to go to, the minivan will get loaded up on Saturday and a group of people who would have never skied in their lives will descend upon the ski resorts of Pennsylvania. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Once the weather turns and movie theaters and the like still aren't open and there isn't any football to watch on Saturday (except for a game or two that the NFL will slip in there) and the kids don't have basketball to go to, the minivan will get loaded up on Saturday and a group of people who would have never skied in their lives will descend upon the ski resorts of Pennsylvania. 

Sounds grate.  I’ll be in the lot drinking before they’re even on the snow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schif said:

Actually i think they might descend upon the tubing hills a little more.  it takes no talent to get down the tubing hill.  in fact, it probably requires more talent to get up the tubing hill.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Actually i think they might descend upon the tubing hills a little more.  it takes no talent to get down the tubing hill.  in fact, it probably requires more talent to get up the tubing hill.  

Cost could be a big thing as well that drives them to the tubing hill, especially if they don’t have their own equipment. 

27 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Fantastic point. Mountains doing timed tubing sessions to limit the number of people at any given time will make people feel safe about doing it too. Could be even more of a cash cow for the mountains. If teens can't go to the movies or bowling or whatever it is the youth are doing with their weekends now they can go to cosmic snowtubing at Camelback. 

Proper fitting?  You mean putting them on. 

Umm no. It's a very intricate process. I first put on a sock. I then slide my foot into the boot. I buckle the boot in a similar fashion to as if I were at the mountain. I first walk in the boot, then do the MC hammer (demonstration below). After this rigorous testing regiment, if my feet feel good. I keep them.

d8e62c89d0cf7ca959e0ecc64987d12b.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2