12/23...busy..ok snow

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830 and it was in the upper 20s under partly sunny sky’s.  In the house were Shadows, Atomic Jeff, BenM, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Mixilplix, Charles and Enjorales cousin.  

Second civilian six pack and a lot of people out right off the back. First run of the day and season on challenge and was frozen cord by smooth..falls is getting better. Lazy mile didn’t have good snow was mini cookies, paradise was decent but crowded..upper and lower Main Street were decent the middle was sketch with ridges and shit.  Midway was nice snow. 

Liftlines became moderate until the quad opened around 940 then not that bad but the runs were so crowded...mostly goobers. Skied till 1015 then hungout in the lot about a half hour. I want to ski tomorrow AM but will be a game time decision based on the rain.  

JADIP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

What’d you skin up? I have another pair of bindings on the way that should get my touring rig back in business finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't skin up...Just messed around where they hold lessons..Took the skins off then rode the lift up...

I did send an email to ski patrol about up hill travel on the West  Valley school trail using the logic of practicing and knowing your equipment before you go into the "backcountry"....but was met with a no go...

They said they had a lot of inquiries about uphill travel this year...

Can't @toast21602 call Barb up and make this happen....

10 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I didn't skin up...Just messed around where they hold lessons..Took the skins off then rode the lift up...

I did send an email to ski patrol about up hill travel on the West  Valley school trail using the logic of practicing and knowing your equipment before you go into the "backcountry"....but was met with a no go...

They said they had a lot of inquiries about uphill travel this year...

Can't @toast21602 call Barb up and make this happen....

Almost all ski resorts restrict uphill travel for liability reasons.  A longtime Jackson hole local got an argument with ski patrol when he was skinning up various beginner trails and cat tracks to get to his grand daughters ski race that he was arrested and handcuffed. 

https://www.wildsnow.com/4452/arrested-uphill-skiing/

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just arrived at Mont Bleu...employee in my parking space.  Gonna get some runs in before the rain comes and hopefully the mickey dees breakfast I just consumed doesn’t give me the runs.  Merry Xmas all y’all. 

Wao have a grate ski! What did you get from McDoodles?

• Confused 1

have a good time Douglas.  I was hoping to make it this morning, but the wife is busy...dropped the kid off at day care, have to do some work (even though today is a paid holiday for me)...then have to pick up my daughter at lunch time since it's a half day for them.  Hopefully should be up on Saturday

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PSUFly said:

have a good time Douglas.  I was hoping to make it this morning, but the wife is busy...dropped the kid off at day care, have to do some work (even though today is a paid holiday for me)...then have to pick up my daughter at lunch time since it's a half day for them.  Hopefully should be up on Saturday

Nice I’ll start a weekend roll call thread in a minute.  I’m at work right now dealing with a family who’s memorial stone is taking way too long. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash brown and apple juice. SaltyAnt what do you get from McDoodles for breakfast?

I haven't had McDoodles breakfast in a long time, but when I did Sausage Mcmuffin with no egg and some OJ.

Edited by saltyant

On 12/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Almost all ski resorts restrict uphill travel for liability reasons.  A longtime Jackson hole local got an argument with ski patrol when he was skinning up various beginner trails and cat tracks to get to his grand daughters ski race that he was arrested and handcuffed. 

https://www.wildsnow.com/4452/arrested-uphill-skiing/

Theres a few that allow it. I just checked uphill policy at like Loveland, Eldora, and others in CO. It looks like they have a little more restrictions and delayed uphill policy until after the new year. 

I would love it if Blue had an open uphill policy.