Elk Day - FEBRUARY 8th, 2021

RidgeRacer

9 minutes ago, rummy said:

Any idea on your time of arrival?
Do you remember how to get to Halfway House?
The Herminator can meet up in lower parking lot to lead you there, if necessary.
He'll be driving a burgundy Honda SUV.
What's everyone driving?

Walt and Pops red Ford pickup....

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

I do not know how to get to the halfway house...I can get there early and follow one of the PASR's to the halfway house though.  

I should be driving a blue Ford Explorer with a Penn State front plate...

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I plan on arriving around 7:40. There's a small lot to your right along the access road. Maybe we can meet there then head up to the HWH (halfway house).@enjoralas is there anything i can bring for meat Monday?

We will aim for 740 as well, though we're always late. We knew the location of the halfway house well enough to find it ourselves on the second attempt last year. 😂😂

I'll literally brining only meat this time, so anything one thinks we might need. Ribs and pork will be rubbed but not sauced, so if someone has a BBQ sauce they think I'd just awesome, bring it and share the love. Plates, paper towels could come in handy.

• Like 2

We will aim for 740 as well, though we're always late. We knew the location of the halfway house well enough to find it ourselves on the second attempt last year. [emoji23][emoji23]
I'll literally brining only meat this time, so anything one thinks we might need. Ribs and pork will be rubbed but not sauced, so if someone has a BBQ sauce they think I'd just awesome, bring it and share the love. Plates, paper towels could come in handy.

I'll grab bbq sauce, plates napkins etc. Preference on bbq sauce?? I'm stubb's kinda guy...can grab a few different kinds of need be.
  • Like 1

Just spoke to the Herminator.... It's still snowing at Elk.  3-4" today.

He'll meet you in the lower lot around 8:00, no need to gather at 7:40 that's a little too early for him.

Conditions are exquisite..... Should be a Good Day.

Request to the Old Forge Pizza experts .... I thought I could pick up a tray of Red Meat Lovers on the way.  I've never stopped before.... Can someone suggest a Pizza Shop? Also, will it be open Monday?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rummy said:

Just spoke to the Herminator.... It's still snowing at Elk.  3-4" today.

He'll meet you in the lower lot around 8:00, no need to gather at 7:40 that's a little too early for him.

Conditions are exquisite..... Should be a Good Day.

Request to the Old Forge Pizza experts .... I thought I could pick up a tray of Red Meat Lovers on the way.  I've never stopped before.... Can someone suggest a Pizza Shop? Also, will it be open Monday?

Stu,

Revello’s is where I usually  stop on way back home.  I don’t know what time they open though.

• Like 1