2-15 calm before the ice storm

RidgeRacer

Just got home. Conditions were really nice. Ran into Salty in the lot who was parked in@AtomicSkier spot. After talking with him for a bit about whiteface he told me, really loudly, that he's giving me a boner city on this thread when he gets home. that was not at all embarrassing. Lol. Sleepy hollow to main was rotd but honestly everything was good. Coming soon reminded me of tunk at elk but bonier. Skiers far right was probably the best path. Razors still has super g jumps which hould fare well with the presidents day crowd. Sidewinder and switch were $$. Hoping conditions hold because blues been grate these past few weeks!

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

i guess i should round htings out and write something since ridge and salty did.

almost busted my ass leaving my house today a couple times because i didn't expect garbage precip last night. driveway is still like a luge with berms on the side keeping me in the middle. roads were fine there and back. precip not bad around 8 but seemed to get a little worse around 9ish. my gloves are nothing impressive but they have a little scraper thing on them, so that helped a lot with goggle freeze. lift with salty maybe 3-4 times, met up with ridge for a couple runs. stayed a little later than normal thanks to early opening. last lift ride up on the quad and, man, razors had a ton of people who were power wedging and grouping together trying to avoid those jumps, i'm sure it's going to get interesting as the day progresses. everything was great condition wise, firmer than last week but easy to set an edge. crowds were fine through my session. pretty tame for a holiday which is a-ok with me. 

• Like 4
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

Snow was pretty good today. Really weird to not see a bunch of PASRs. Did Coming soon withy Salty once but I was waiting at the Quad for him to come down behind me and he turned for the Sixer instead so I just rode solo. Good snow, pretty much no crowds. Goggle freeze sucked but wasn't terrible. Wished I could have stayed later but I have a bunch of homework I need to do today so I'm home already. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today was groomer heaven. Every run was amazing, and it was nice to finally ski Razor's and Razorback a bunch of times. I took the Main St Chair to do Widow Maker to Chute a few times in a row which was awesome. Wasn't feeling the ungroomed snow today as it was (obviously) harder than yesterday afternoon, so I stuck to groomers except 1 run on Coming Soon with @Schif Dawg way ahead of me as I picked a path down to avoid further scratching my RTMs. The first hour had virtually no lines, and by the time I left at 10:30 the crowds were pouring in. Overall a fun day but not as fun as yesterday when I skied all over the True Mountain

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Today was groomer heaven. Every run was amazing, and it was nice to finally ski Razor's and Razorback a bunch of times. I took the Main St Chair to do Widow Maker to Chute a few times in a row which was awesome. Wasn't feeling the ungroomed snow today as it was (obviously) harder than yesterday afternoon, so I stuck to groomers except 1 run on Coming Soon with @Schif Dawg way ahead of me as I picked a path down. The first hour had virtually no lines, and by the time I left at 10:30 the crowds were pouring in. Overall a fun day but not as fun as yesterday when I skied all over the True Mountain

Salty I’m glad you got out three days in a row!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty I’m glad you got out three days in a row!!!

Yeah it was the funnest I've had skiing at Blue this season. Gotta get after it while conditions are top notch. Hopefully it takes a big dump on Thursday and makes everywhere skiable again. And hopefully the crowds start dwindling now that we're post President's Day weekend.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah it was the funnest I've had skiing at Blue this season. Gotta get after it while conditions are top notch. Hopefully it takes a big dump on Thursday and makes everywhere skiable again. And hopefully the crowds start dwindling now that we're post President's Day weekend.

I wouldn’t expect crowds to dwindle just yet..

• Sad 1