Season Passes...

indiggio

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The people on Blues Facebook page don’t seem as upset over the price increase as PASRs.  

I think 600 or 700 is great value. That's what like 3 days at Vail. I love Vail but if I could only ski one I'd ski 40 days here over 3 at Vail. 

3 hours ago, trackbiker said:

Even with the higher day ticket prices, do you think they made up for the loss of revenue from the food and beverage and the wedding business? I know weddings are a huge profit area for venues. How many would they have on an average weekend?

I don’t think they made everything back (still an ad on their page for 50% discount on venue rental) but they did have a nice winter. Heard that they gave out bonuses and increased the wage for at least some employees.

Me too....

I would be curious to see the number of people that return (SP holders)....

Kinda wonder if Blue put the $600 with no discounts out there to see if they would get any shit about it....(Knowing that other mountains are giving discounts)....They must have cause all of the sudden there was a discount....

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 1

My guess is that they lose a smaller percentage of season passholders than their percent price increase.  Montage with their $349 season pass is appealing to some, especially families who are buying multiple season passes.  It’s funny how for many $549 is much easier to stomach than $599.  It’s why I try to price things a certain way...$549 seems more like $500 than $600.  The $599 is $600 anyway you slice it or dice it.  I like ending prices in like $35 or $65

Someone asked about discounts on summer activities with season pass on blue's FB page. I commented that it was quietly removed this year. 

Annnddd I can no longer comment on their stuff and my posts were removed. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

Someone asked about discounts on summer activities with season pass on blue's FB page. I commented that it was quietly removed this year. 

Wow just wow...I was banned from posting on Blues FB Page a few years ago and I messaged them and said please let me post again I’ve turned over a new leaf and they took the bait..suckers. 

@Benm do you do any summer activities at Blue??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow...I was banned from posting on Blues FB Page a few years ago and I messaged them and said please let me post again I’ve turned over a new leaf and they took the bait..suckers. 

@Benm do you do any summer activities at Blue??

I'll prob grovel back but I'm just curious if they have done it to anyone else. 

Also, no. 

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow they didn’t even give you a strike two. 

shit happens. 

anyway, pass is renewed for another season. hopefully it'll be as good as this one.

tax free too. those are some dollars i wasn't expecting to keep. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

shit happens. 

anyway, pass is renewed for another season. hopefully it'll be as good as this one.

tax free too. those are some dollars i wasn't expecting to keep. 

It’s nice that sales tax is included. There’s no sales tax on memorial stones which is an extra selling point for us and makes for a lot less clerical work. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

I was blocked from BB’s Facebook page for calling them out for opening at 10am on football Sundays in November.  I stand by my complaints 

• Like 2