Season Passes...

indiggio

Mountain Creek is offering 2021/22 season passes for $279.

Unfortunately on closer inspection it seems this is an amount they expect you to pay them for being stuck skiing there all year.

If it were the other way around it would almost be a good deal for folks in NYC or the top third of NJ

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Mountain Creek is offering 2021/22 season passes for $279.

Unfortunately on closer inspection it seems this is an amount they expect you to pay them for being stuck skiing there all year.

If it were the other way around it would almost be a good deal for folks in NYC or the top third of NJ

Oh, boo-hoo, MC is too what? Boring? Crowded? Close? They have exceptional snow this year, which comes as no surprise, thanks to weather. And they don't seem to be doing price gouging either.

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

Oh, boo-hoo, MC is too what? Boring? Crowded? Close? They have exceptional snow this year, which comes as no surprise, thanks to weather. And they don't seem to be doing price gouging either.

Boring and Crowded and home of my least fav non surface lift - their Cabriolet.

Not too close, there are places I can get to quicker that I prefer. Like Blue, Camelback, Jack Frost and even Shawnee. 

When I lived 45 min from Mountain Creek I more often skied Hidden Valley half a mile away.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf you should definitely get a pass at mountain creek.  

You're gonna miss me if I do. But it's an interesting option. Belleayre's charging $369 for its limited pass with some blackouts. MC+Bell=$648.

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Boring and Crowded and home of my least fav non surface lift - their Cabriolet.

Not too close, there are places I can get to quicker that I prefer. Like Blue, Camelback, Jack Frost and even Shawnee. 

When I lived 45 min from Mountain Creek I more often skied Hidden Valley half a mile away.

Well, skiing the same mountain over and over can be called boring too. At MC there are three peaks (if they have enough snow to make connections). And what, like all the places you've listed are offering a full pass in the range of $279?

41 minutes ago, eaf said:

You're gonna miss me if I do. But it's an interesting option. Belleayre's charging $369 for its limited pass with some blackouts. MC+Bell=$648.

That combo of passes is actually a pretty good price if you live ‘close’ to both of those. 

48 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, skiing the same mountain over and over can be called boring too. At MC there are three peaks (if they have enough snow to make connections). And what, like all the places you've listed are offering a full pass in the range of $279?

It is certainly the best deal out there if you like to ski it, and I def like deals and it is not too far from me, so the fact that it doesn't interest me and didn't even when I lived 30 miles from it says a lot.

In a nutshell

- Bear Peak - Last time I was there was pretty much all terrain park. I'm not into spending much time doing terrain park runs - fail.

- Middle Peak (Granite?) - used to have the only decently steep run at the place, I believe it was called Pipeline. They eliminated the run. - fail.

Vernon Peak - main lift requires you to take your skis on and off after each short run, stand up the whole way up, and unlike other lifts with those drawbacks you are still unsheltered - fail

Plus, as best as I recall, no real bumps or glades and the lodge in the non-terrain park side is a tent. And the place gets mobbed.

• Like 1

Ikon college is $549. 

Blue pass is $599. 

Looking like I might do 2 passes for next season.

Still think the Blue pass is priced higher than it should be..

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Might do the same...

twins!

I'm trying to convince @Schiftoo. 

I'm a fan of the ikon because I love skiing utah. but for 2021/22, I want to ski Revelstoke.. that is, if Canada ever opens the border with us again. hah.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skiincy said:

twins!

I'm trying to convince @Schiftoo. 

I'm a fan of the ikon because I love skiing utah. but for 2021/22, I want to ski Revelstoke.. that is, if Canada ever opens the border with us again. hah.

Looks like I might have that nurse discount locked in even after I’m done with school 👌

• Love 1