12/15/21 - Same ol' situation...

indiggio

Arrived in the upper lot about 8:20 to 37 degrees and nary a sole around, save for Rodney a few minutes later.

Lined up about 10 til and shortly thereafter @Benm arrived, followed by Gary, Drew and a plethora of other Boomers.

First run down found some weird undulations at the bottom of Midway/Top of Lower Main.  Nobody could figure out how the groomers managed to create them and were a surprise and far from pleasant nonetheless as they made you wonder what they have in store for you when you hit them.

Guns were still blowing in the valley for another 30 minutes or so.  Unfortunately with the inversion, nothing up top was touched.  Hopefully this front rolls through quickly and the cold air comes in fast so they have a chance to touch up what's already open and hopefully open some others.  We'll see...

Nothing much else to speak of condition-wise.  Typical soft granular first run, then they slopes exploded into marbles shortly thereafter, creating push-piles everywhere.
Shortly after the open, the trails were mostly empty, as it looked like many opted for Vista instead of navigating Midway's push piles.

JADIP.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It was meh today. Best weather of the week, I thought conditions would be better, but it started loose and sugary, only 30 mins later Midway blew up, and around 11am it all started to turn into mash.

Not much snowmaking progress, they completely gave up on Burma. Something was going on at the bottom of Lazy, but Lazy itself is still covered with grass, so perhaps they were just making an escape route from Main into the Valley. Upper Main is same as week ago, in short, that Almanac doesn't deserve the paper it's printed on.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

19 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Probably getting a little thin and hard to groom as I'm sure they told them you can't push any snow to the edge or there won't be anything to ski

i'm like 99% certain there were rocks being pulled up on the left side of midway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I think I'm going full re and heading up for the night session, embrace the junk show.

Probably getting a little thin and hard to groom as I'm sure they told them you can't push any snow to the edge or there won't be anything to ski

You can say retard here.  Have fun.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

It was meh today. Best weather of the week, I thought conditions would be better, but it started loose and sugary, only 30 mins later Midway blew up, and around 11am it all started to turn into mash.

Not much snowmaking progress, they completely gave up on Burma. Something was going on at the bottom of Lazy, but Lazy itself is still covered with grass, so perhaps they were just making an escape route from Main into the Valley. Upper Main is same as week ago, in short, that Almanac doesn't deserve the paper it's printed on.

It amazes me how quickly a trail can quite literally blow up like that.

Yeeeaaa. Stick to vista with the little one. Super choppy on midway and lower main. 

Skied 530-730 and stayed on Vista. Def spring snow but not the worst. Boo took a lap to the Main Street chair and confirmed it was rowdy. Saw [mention]Johnny Law [/mention]heading in to hopefully get his pass fixed.

I under estimated how warm it was and had all my vents open. We could see the melt flowing and hopefully it doesn’t hurt them too bad until the cold shows up. Back at it tomorrow to see what’s left.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Skied 530-730 and stayed on Vista. Def spring snow but not the worst. Boo took a lap to the Main Street chair and confirmed it was rowdy. Saw [mention]Johnny Law [/mention]heading in to hopefully get his pass fixed.

I under estimated how warm it was and had all my vents open. We could see the melt flowing and hopefully it doesn’t hurt them too bad until the cold shows up. Back at it tomorrow to see what’s left.

Yea I took my balaclava off after my second run. 

25 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

why do you suck at mentioning people?  

• Haha 2

I must have low standards because it was better than I thought it would be. Some smooth on Vista and the rest was rowdy but fun rowdy. 

Saw mute and fam going to get my pass fixed, little one was killing it and even cut somebody off which is a pasr move for real lol lol

They issued me a new pass but it still doesn't scan but the second time I went it she was on the phone with the IT guy talking about my account. It almost doesn't matter now anytime the lifties see purple helmet they open it up. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1