3/9/22...wet snow

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 832am and it was in the mid 30s with some snow just beginning to fall. In the house were Atomic Jeff, BenM and Bethlehem Ford Guy. 

First run i skied challenge which was very nice soft packed powder, razors was similar and Main Street, especially upper was a floaty cord dream.  Razors and challenge got chewed up pretty fast but Coming soon is now groomed wall to wall and was also very nice cord.  Lower Paradise was uber choppy.  With very wet snow falling it was a soaker out there and the flats were super slow and sticky.  Ended up skiing a fast 8 runs and was on the road back to the A at 1020am. Now in line at Chic Fil A and trying their Mac and Steeze on BenM’s suggestion...JADIP

03D9E3C7-85E5-4DF7-9266-74D9AE020473.jpeg

3516B2E2-7C75-467E-9295-3BEFBF07A35A.jpeg

A6935ACD-CE1E-42A1-8CBD-046222F97971.jpeg

• Like 7

Pumped to hear TCS is fully groomed. I was hoping this would be more of a snow event but maybe what falls will pull some of that sugary snow together. I just checked out the webcam and it definitely looks slow. usually gapers are flying down homestretch and it seems like a slow crawl right now. Snowing much harder up top than at the base, too.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Did I get to 10 days yet? Gee @Ski2Live Live2Ski is probably disappoint that I'm not optimizing my season pass

I've been pretty lame getting only 10 days on my Epic Pass. Made up for it with 13 so far on Indy, which is why that is the one I am renewing. 

Wound up having more time with kids (with me all the time now) and they got the IndyPass - one reason I am using that more. Also those places less crowded.

Pretty weak year in terms of amount of skiing done so far though. 18 days shy of my personal beat last year and no way I am getting in close to 18 days. Weather not really cooperating, and the full time parenting thing too. Wouldn't trade it for more skiing though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I've been pretty lame getting only 10 days on my Epic Pass. Made up for it with 13 so far on Indy, which is why that is the one I am renewing. 

Wound up having more time with kids (with me all the time now) and they got the IndyPass - one reason I am using that more. Also those places less crowded.

Pretty weak year in terms of amount of skiing done so far though. 18 days shy of my personal beat last year and no way I am getting in close to 18 days. Weather not really cooperating, and the full time parenting thing too. Wouldn't trade it for more skiing though.

Well you still have BDE in my humble opinion!!!

Rained on the drive to the mountain last night at 5, but once you crossed over to the north side it was a winter wonderland. On the snow around 530 with mBike and Boo and it was still snowing. Wet, heavy snow and main, switch, razors were chop city. Thought it was going to be a leg crusher kind of night until we found TCS. Some untracked on top and the groomed last face was grate. Lapped that until a little after 7 and then headed out.

• Like 3