Jump to content

1/24 Twinkle Trees


Johnny Law
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

 

Rumors abound for any number of delusions of granduer as someone said they purchased the old ladies farm you can see off coming soon but maybe we already knew that....I can't keep up with everything they are supposedly doing. 

 

Yeah, they bought that a couple years back. They grow food there for Slopeside in the green season and gave hayrides over there to there during Oktoberfest.

They have a decent amount of land over that way, more on the top than the bottom. Would have to continue to swing trails wide then bring them back for the runout

 

image.thumb.png.0ae9aab278737b2b9898ff0f01a7f91c.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, they bought that a couple years back. They grow food there for Slopeside in the green season and gave hayrides over there to there during Oktoberfest.

They have a decent amount of land over that way, more on the top than the bottom. Would have to continue to swing trails wide then bring them back for the runout

 

image.thumb.png.0ae9aab278737b2b9898ff0f01a7f91c.png

Terrain park expansion. :chea:

image.png.c4d1a73a917639b91e7ecbb56bdbc86a.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Compared to the conditions on Saturday, this morning was good. But anything would be an improvement after Saturday's mess. The exception was, as Johnny Law said, upper main street. Chute looked bad from the lift but it skied ok. There were groomer scars here and there as one older gentleman can attest to after one got him at the midway/main street intersection. Overall, a pleasant day on the hill.

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, they bought that a couple years back. They grow food there for Slopeside in the green season and gave hayrides over there to there during Oktoberfest.

They have a decent amount of land over that way, more on the top than the bottom. Would have to continue to swing trails wide then bring them back for the runout

 

image.thumb.png.0ae9aab278737b2b9898ff0f01a7f91c.png

I'm going to have to buy my trailer park home soon before prices go up.  It'll be basically slopeside!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I'm going to have to buy my trailer park home soon before prices go up.  It'll be basically slopeside!

Part of me would love a little cabin near Blue. The rest of me doesn't want to buy anything in a bombed out zinc valley. Even if Blue blows up in the next 15 years I find it hard to believe local property values would go up because of it. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

While obviously not the storm of the century, trying to figure out if playing hookey from work tomorrow is the play.  Wish the snow was coming in a little sooner, but we will see.  

It'll be a typical PA storm. Snow turning to ice then rain leaving us with slop to shovel in the driveway because it's too heavy for the blower 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Schif said:

Part of me would love a little cabin near Blue. The rest of me doesn't want to buy anything in a bombed out zinc valley. Even if Blue blows up in the next 15 years I find it hard to believe local property values would go up because of it. 

Depends on what you could get it for. Cheap enough, and get some years out of it, the value loss doesn't sting so much.

 

I'm starting to wonder how many more mega warehouses they'll put in Allen Township before my property value plummets . . .Maybe there will always be a strong resale market for people who work at the mega warehouses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...