12/9/23…Deja Vu

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

Im back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was in the low 40s under cloudy sky’s with pea soup fog on the upper mountain.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, BenM, NMSki, PARidge, enjorales, MBike mike, Mrs Snowbunski, Bethlehem Ford crew. Dirtwolf, Matt Edge, PSUFly, JFDan, Mute, Becky Boo and many more.  

Second civilian super summit safari six pack into the fog. CSS can’t see shit conditions on easy out and vista and the fog lifted on midway. The snow was soft and pleasent until lower Main Street which was that rolly Polly conditions.  Crowds increased a bit every run..really not a lot of people out just limited terrain.  

I did one burma road and sort of caught an edge but recovered..there are snow snakes lurking out there.  Also skied over to homestretch twice for a little peace and quiet and smooth snow.  

Fun parking lot today with beers and snacks and nice comfortable temperatures.  The second thaw of the season is officially on with warmth and rain for the next two days..I think Blue will survive this but again they’ll be back to resurfacing existing terrain midweek.  Let’s hope for a prolonged cold spell soon.  

JADIP

551D5EA9-DB38-4F3F-AE6D-8DC165E2B756.jpeg

• Like 9

Just got home from another fun session at Blue the True!  Arrived in the lower lot at 7:52am, parked next to the Main Street Express lift shack and made my way over to the lift just as the gates dropped.  

On the way up I thought it was funny that my car said 41 when the forecast before leaving said 32.  Hero snow from the get made from some super fun main to park laps!  Got 12 runs in before the runs started feeling like a pinball machine with all the peoples.  All in all JADIP, be back Friday!

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 6

After the lot hangout I headed back inside to try to get Thing 2's 9 and under pass activated. Took a look at the line at Guest Services and noped outta there.

On the way out figured, "I'm here, let's pop in and see what the lineblooks like at the top lodge." Was pretty shocked at the number of cars up there, even with the whole second row blocked off while they do the paid parking conversion I didn't expect the top lot to be that full compared to the bottom lot.

Went in and there was about 10 people in line with 3 windows open, not bad so stuck it out. About 25 minutes and got it taken care of no problem, also got them to put my entitlements back on my 40th anniversary pass after I forgot it last week and had to get a new card.

Popped out to the courtyard to check out the menu for Wood Fired Pizza, amd pricing is right on where we figured it would be at $15 for a plain, but 12 inch pies instead of the 10 I thought it would be:

20231209_122349.thumb.jpg.753a7027eae1f0f0b07a7d6c10b327c9.jpg

I was hungry, so figured what the hell amd bought a Dreamweaver:

20231209_122703.thumb.jpg.a050b1f75fd09d6e4aecb9d0ea0ac3cd.jpg

It was ready in about 5 minutes, it wasnt busy at all. It was quite good, plenty of toppings and didn't skimp on the sausage/pepperoni. Good tasting sauce and nice crispy crust but still soft dough. Value wise was it a $19 worth pizza? Probably not, but factoring in entertainment venue pricing I think it was a good value, certainly better than what you would walk out of the cafeteria with for $19.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

After the lot hangout I headed back inside to try to get Thing 2's 9 and under pass activated. Took a look at the line at Guest Services and noped outta there.

On the way out figured, "I'm here, let's pop in and see what the lineblooks like at the top lodge." Was pretty shocked at the number of cars up there, even with the whole second row blocked off while they do the paid parking conversion I didn't expect the top lot to be that full compared to the bottom lot.

Went in and there was about 10 people in line with 3 windows open, not bad so stuck it out. About 25 minutes and got it taken care of no problem, also got them to put my entitlements back on my 40th anniversary pass after I forgot it last week and had to get a new card.

Popped out to the courtyard to check out the menu for Wood Fired Pizza, amd pricing is right on where we figured it would be at $15 for a plain, but 12 inch pies instead of the 10 I thought it would be:

20231209_122349.thumb.jpg.753a7027eae1f0f0b07a7d6c10b327c9.jpg

I was hungry, so figured what the hell amd bought a Dreamweaver:

20231209_122703.thumb.jpg.a050b1f75fd09d6e4aecb9d0ea0ac3cd.jpg

It was ready in about 5 minutes, it wasnt busy at all. It was quite good, plenty of toppings and didn't skimp on the sausage/pepperoni. Good tasting sauce and nice crispy crust but still soft dough. Value wise was it a $19 worth pizza? Probably not, but factoring in entertainment venue pricing I think it was a good value, certainly better than what you would walk out of the cafeteria with for $19.

Glad someone tried the new pizza!  Looks rather delicious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Does this count for my stats if I came to Blue just for wood fired pizza? My shoe touched the snow. Asking about stats rules for a friend @theprogram4

No way…but I give you props for going that far for pizza.  Maybe even get a second one to bring home. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It was on my way home from A- town. Stopped at Buckmans after flying for boot pain. 

Salty I think you should log ski time like flight time. Sticking your shoes on the snow counts as a takeoff 😁I pretty much just do years anymore and don’t keep track of days. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It was a'ight, not as good as the pizza from the truck. 6/10

IMG_20231209_185305447_HDR.thumb.jpg.67f40ea11b933399d16005c3f2e9032e.jpg

If your gonna have a non alcoholic beer, Barq's is definitely the right play 👌.  Kinda sad it's only a six. I didnt know Blue had a pizza truck option.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, DiMe said:

If your gonna have a non alcoholic beer, Barq's is definitely the right play 👌.  Kinda sad it's only a six. I didnt know Blue had a pizza truck option.

-1 point for being at the top lodge (which is for gapers)

-1 point for not being at the lower lot (which is for x perts)

-1 point for not being Buffalo Chicken pizza

-1 point for being too smol for $19

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

-1 point for being at the top lodge (which is for gapers)

-1 point for not being at the lower lot (which is for x perts)

-1 point for not being Buffalo Chicken pizza

-1 point for being too smol for $19

Ok I need a redo review purely from a pizza conisour perspective like Dave Portnoy One Bite.  Non bias to the other items adding those points back cant make it a 10/10, can it?

Edited by DiMe
  • Confused 1