January? 1st 2024 a show of shit

RidgeRacer

One run in and I can tell you this won't be a long session. Crowds on dirt strips basically and people are actually complaining that they didn't make snow. I can't. Anyway Snow is mashed potato, gaper built bumps everywhere. Probably not the best day for me after being down and out over a week

Either way. I was able to snap this Pic of the Majestic beauty of the mountains in the wintertime below. 

IMG_20240101_142505_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240101_142715_HDR.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

40 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s really easy to make that garbage can. TP4 is like 11 out of 12 so far this season. 

I feel pathetic for missing that one. I missed it on the quad which is slightly tougher than the 6er, but still bad on my part for not being perfect.

Yeah, so when Burma is the best run in the morning, its probably not gonna be a great day. 
first run vista was super nice, most of midway was ok. Main was bad from the get go. Upper part of coming soon was nice, the headwall was trenched bad. Really bad. Paradise was all about just finding a patch of snow to get to the lift. 
then what was good went to sugar.  With the weather we have been dealt, just have to go with low expectations lately. We need quite a refreshment so that just those 3 slopes will ski well again. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just gave you five stars.  I wonder who would give a one star somebody who’s likes Yoo Hoo so either SaltyAnus or Enjos kid 

If the title of the post is "show of shit" one star seems more appropriate... But I changed it to five stars due to beautiful shots of the aluminum cans scenery 😍

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tarponhead said:

Pic taken at 8:30 this morning from summit lot where the hang gliders launch from. The arrow marks the very tip of the cell tower on the hill across from blue.

bumpers formed a line on lower main on right side. Was good for 42 minutesIMG_7756.thumb.jpeg.318db154b208778982d0f70aa66ef2bc.jpeg

That's rad, one day last season I hiked to that tower because the skiing was teh sick.

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

regarding the trash, I hate seeing it and hated taking pics of it. No ski area (let alone blue), no mountain, nothing nature deserves that.

It’s ridiculous that they don’t send a worker up there with a trash bag to tidy it up a bit.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

Gonna just start dropping residential trash from the lift. Why not

If Galileo dropped a trash bag (drawstring kind) and one of those little fire ball bottles for alcoholics from the lift, which one would land first?

Edited by tarponhead
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Got a questionnaire e-mail today about my visit.  Gonna really rail them on the trash to see if it actually does anything positive.

Trash, snowmobiles driving all over the slopes, and uphill travel will be on my survey. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they have to start patting down the park rats before they get on the lift . 
Goes to parents or lack of , truly disgusting shit. 

They shouldn’t have to pay someone to clean up that mess. Pull some passes and make a few examples and the word will spread! 

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Trash, snowmobiles driving all over the slopes, and uphill travel will be on my survey. 

Dunno, Blue never seemed to looked as much like a landfill back when Barb was running the place.  Yeah there were some cans, bottles, etc., but when they noticed it they sent out crews to pick up, especially when the snow had melted and all the trash appeared.

Now it seems like they just don’t give a shit anymore and are just letting the place turn into a trash heap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2