3/10..pretty nice..PASR day

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was in the low 40s under overcast skys with moderate winds. In the house was everybody but NMSki, Zonked, Phillycore, Skifreak and Atomic Jeff.  

Dime was in the house in the PASR row and I skied the first several runs with him. Paradise was sweet cord as was Lazy. The chute had some nice pop and nice snow..I got my biggest air of the season..I touched the sky.  Razors was nice corn and challenge had a nice ridge going down to add a live spice. Skytop was officially closed but just barely skiable.  

I skied until about 10 and it was super empty out.  Fun parking lot and we went inside when a little rain shower came through and had a beer then back outside for a little bit. Just before we left, BenM was back with his wife and he was like WTF you’re still here..hey it’s still morning before the spring forward.  Anyway as much as I wanted to sleep in today, was nice to be out and again better than expected. 

There’s a chance I’ll go out tomorrow AM but most likely be back Tuesday for opening. 

JADIP 

5C48CBCE-89AB-4DF7-81F2-DE46AB5471EA.jpeg

7E92C7AE-57BA-421E-9963-EFB18E5A9C81.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Today ended up being a nice surprise conditions wise and weather wise. They held up a lot better than expected after yesterdays downpour and they did a nice job moving snow around. It'll be interesting to see how things hold up after this week. Good day today. 

IMG_20240310_081545_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20240310_082447_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20240310_085417_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 8

Coverage way better than expected after the rain...First run down CS was slick with ice and some rocks starting to show..But it softened up to make a fun ride down the left side..Ungroomed Challenge was good...Everything off the quad rode nice...Never made it over to Main St side...Thanks to the beer fairy for the Brandy Stout...Super delish...and gave me a nice feeling on the ride home....

20240310_095003.jpg

20240310_095446.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Benm said:

Got at least ten runs on learning hill a and b. Also checked off the learning hill connector. Was surprised to see @theprogram4 and learn he was just arriving. Didn't make it to paradise but a solid session for her. Thanks @Schif for going out of your way to say hi. Good day today overall, surprised they didn't lose more snow. 

IMG_20240310_153330265.jpg

It was good to see ya.  Unfortunately sleep was not good to me last night 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Don’t be surprised if they blow a little of that famous Gak tomorrow morning…gonna be about 30, maybe 29 

Gak looks like the intention.  They need to make big  kumbaya circles of ground guns and run long hoses to every nearby valve set on the thin spots and hammer down!!

Screenshot_20240310_192710_Instagram.jpg

Crazy day with the snow squalls rolling through.

Bump line on Chute got super deep and long bump line on lower Challenge was another leg burner.  

Bug squall #1
IMG_8877.thumb.jpeg.b47ec6c7c4fd3e56152eaef21c43b8f4.jpeg

Big graupel squall in the afternoon

IMG_8878.thumb.jpeg.c8a5c0ae782f59c57b32bf6c5037653d.jpeg

Challenge bump line…
IMG_0978.thumb.jpeg.bd89eb813bcff5cf6d81b98e18a0b4b0.jpeg

• Like 8

Just got back from some evening runs. Everything in the shadow was crusting up, nice bumps on razors, main and falls.  Challenge looked surprisingly smooth from the lift, but I never made it over there. Main Street has some deep holes opening up. The pictures don’t quite do it justice but the def went down a bit. A third on was unmarked and opening up my last run up the 6. It was still snowing as I left for the night. Super light crowds, an enjoying snowy spring skiing evening.

7BCF562B-0963-4468-9B17-B4BA9D558AB0.jpeg

55242A14-1ED2-4590-892D-A18E744504FB.jpeg

• Like 8

Super fun morning with the soft snow. It was good to see BMR didn't need to close Rzrs completely to do gate practice. Wild how both can use it at the same time.

Saw my first turkey at Blue. We could hear it gobbling on the six on the hill across from the ski patroller building, Lazy side. Took an extra lap to get eyes on it but missed the picture.

• Like 7