Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

So your closer to Smuggs than Stowe? It's probably way cheaper too... And they only average 30" less a year... We are still aiming for a place at the Bush sometime in the near future...

Crickets were making an unusual chirp. Won't be long now.

What I don't like about Smuggs is the lifts are so slow and they lack snowmaking. Stowe season pass is really high though.

I'm 10 minutes from Smuggs, Stowe is on the other side of the notch. I plan to do more side and back country skiing this season, so the Smuggs lifts get me to the top for access to terrain. I don't see myself doing much inbound resort skiing this year. Jay's about a 40 minute ride and the Smuggs pass gets me access to Bolton Valley as well. I'll see how that works out this year.

Damn, a Bolton Valley and Smuggs pass? They both average around 300". Good deal... I dont see it on their site though... Not questioning the buy, just wondering where you saw it... I could see myself getting another pass away from the Bush to switch it up...

If we're lucky maybe it'll be just another two months til another catastrophic 12" snowstorm that will knock my power out for another week. I'd still be stoked on October turns again though.

I was in the valley for that, and it was a ton of fun, but other than that, I haven't been following the weather in the pokes for too long, only about 10 years. I know that it is fairly normal to get a dusting to an inch or two around Halloween, but I can't imagine a 12" like that happens often, or ever... Right?

I've never seen it happen in my 30 years here in southeast PA. Halloween is pushing it, I'd say we start getting dustings around thanksgiving.

I remember seeing a string of years where Camelback had a dusting on their Camel during Halloween... But consistently, I can see T-Day...

In 2008 the pokeys got a foot in late October. Also in 1995.

Thats a little different than a foot in the A... The Pokes have a micro climate similar to Blue Mountain...

Damn, a Bolton Valley and Smuggs pass? They both average around 300". Good deal... I dont see it on their site though... Not questioning the buy, just wondering where you saw it... I could see myself getting another pass away from the Bush to switch it up...

It applies for the student pass, my buddy up there was under the impression it applied to the season pass as well. I sent Smuggs an email for clarification. Not a game changer if it doesn't apply.

It applies for the student pass, my buddy up there was under the impression it applied to the season pass as well. I sent Smuggs an email for clarification. Not a game changer if it doesn't apply.

Either way, it's a good deal without it when you compare it to Stowe's season pass... If they already have a deal for college passes, you would think they could tweak it and add it for normal passes as well...

Kyle there's still dew on the grass here in dirty south Whitehall but we're practically in Canada up here. Serious microclimate. I even saw someone wearing long sleeves earlier. That shits cray cray

No real morning dew here yet... Not a heavy one at least... Last night was the coldest night in months, and I think it tapped out at 65 lol

That's decently early for out there... Have they been stepping up their snowmaking?

No clue. Heading to Winter Park this weekend just to relax. I think their opening is set for 11/22. I'll check out the base and see if anything is going on.

I checked some of the other NE message boards and was surprised to see that nobody has reported any leaf changing farther north. It has usually started by this time of the season... The temperatures have been following the annual averages, so hopefully at this rate we are in for a good start... Peak foliage in just over a month...

I know my a-hole neighbor's oak tree has already started dumping leaves. I'm thinking about putting some chicken wire up at our property line to stop them from drifting down into my yard. I'm really hoping I can sell my house before leaf season gets here.

I know my a-hole neighbor's oak tree has already started dumping leaves. I'm thinking about putting some chicken wire up at our property line to stop them from drifting down into my yard. I'm really hoping I can sell my house before leaf season gets here.

I agree... I hate raking your leaves...

• Like 2