Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

8 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Is that yours? Looks like that would do a decent job. Plow could be a bit taller. 

yes, thats mine.  i stole the plow off my other quad, and made it fit this one.  no need for it to be taller, as it has done just fine for the past 12 years.  

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

Is it good base building snow? It's all gone down here. I'm hoping this stuff will just compact and then the next snowfall will be skiable. 

oh yeah.  packs down like cement.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saw 3 cars in ditches on the way home.

There was a car that went sideways on the ramp ahead of me coming home. Backed things up pretty good. There were some guys trying to push it and from the little distance I could see it looked like they were flailing around like some high school kids who were too scared to call their dads for help. As I got closer it was a bunch of grown men in designer clothes trying to get their Porche to move, so I just drove around them. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I left the hotel house and everything was shoveled and plowed and showed up at work and everything was shoveled but I’m gonna put some more salt out.  My delivery driver is stingy with the salt. 

Days like today I'm hella hella jelly.

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm not off work if I have to do hard physical labor (eg moving around shit snow)

Salty I already sold two tombstones today over the phone.  I had to press a lot of buttons on the credit card machine and put receipts in the mail.  I’m also gonna take out the papers and clean the trash out of my car yakkety yak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just got done shoveling. Wasn’t too bad. Took a little under an hour with a couple 10ish minute breaks to do about 30x25 foot driveway and about 100 feet of sidewalk. I like to use a 2 shovel method, push it around with a curved plow blade looking shovel then attack it in smaller multiple piles with the bent handle snow thrower shovel. Seems to work well for up to 4-6 inches.

Definitely annoying walking past the non-fictional snowblower on the way in and out of the garage tho

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does that mean you have to shovel the whole driveway?  Make sure it’s pristine for the Amazon drivers. 

hell no, it'd have stayed snow covered before i shoveled it.

snowblower to the rescue. 

after my last fiasco with amazon, they agreed to deprioritize amazon logistics. they only are the carrier in rare instances, most everything comes USPS or UPS now and i love it.

1 minute ago, AirheadD8 said:

Do you have chains and wheel weights?

I guess you could just use a couple hundred pounds of salt before it gets too cold.😁

chains are on it.

completely forgot that i have weights. maybe i'll put them on tomorrow for the next big storm.

• Like 1

Cool article and crazy that all those people have to wait in that line just to get back to their cars so if they want one more run it’s actually two times to wait in that line.  Crazy.  I don’t think they open at 8am on the weekends anymore. I wonder more people bought JF epic passes when Blue stopped selling season passes.  I know some bought passes at bear creek. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool article and crazy that all those people have to wait in that line just to get back to their cars so if they want one more run it’s actually two times to wait in that line.  Crazy.  I don’t think they open at 8am on the weekends anymore. I wonder more people bought JF epic passes when Blue stopped selling season passes.  I know some bought passes at bear creek. 

Take it to the Jack Frost thread.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Sneaky snow like Wed PM/Thurs AM.  Models are coming around to the Buoys idea of some snow over the weekend. 

Lets not go gassing up the snowblowers just yet, but you may want to reconsider making that hair styling appointment over the weekend.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Sneaky snow like Wed PM/Thurs AM.  Models are coming around to the Buoys idea of some snow over the weekend. 

Lets not go gassing up the snowblowers just yet, but you may want to reconsider making that hair styling appointment over the weekend.   

“The Buoy “ Is the lake froze yet?