Glissading with -insert god of your choice-

Johnny Law

If the ADKs got snow I would seriously consider living there. Great TR and looks like you got relatively good conditions compared to what you said those peaks are like 9/10 times.

Honestly dude they get a decent amount of snow each winter, i think whiteface says 200 or something like that but up around the great range where these pics are there are alot of places that see more than that. I used to live in lake placid and there is some incredible terrain up there to be skied, sucks i had to move down here before i got old enough to go skiing out there. I have hiked all 46 of the highest in the summer though and gothics is incredible no matter the time of year. Should hit up the slide on wright, or ski Algonquin...both would be ill. Sorry to ramble but they do get a decent amount of snow every year, this year is just epic because it keeps snowing

ive re-read this thread like 6 times and i still have no idea what state youre in. adirondacks? also what is glissading? and are those shacks free or you gots to pay?

looks good though. scary story.

also the adirondacks are in northern NY, and camp peggy obrien if i remember correctly has a fee associated with it like johns brook lodge, plenty of free leen-too's though if your core enough to wanna sleep outside lol

Honestly dude they get a decent amount of snow each winter, i think whiteface says 200 or something like that but up around the great range where these pics are there are alot of places that see more than that. I used to live in lake placid and there is some incredible terrain up there to be skied, sucks i had to move down here before i got old enough to go skiing out there. I have hiked all 46 of the highest in the summer though and gothics is incredible no matter the time of year. Should hit up the slide on wright, or ski Algonquin...both would be ill. Sorry to ramble but they do get a decent amount of snow every year, this year is just epic because it keeps snowing

also the adirondacks are in northern NY, and camp peggy obrien if i remember correctly has a fee associated with it like johns brook lodge, plenty of free leen-too's though if your core enough to wanna sleep outside lol

Sorry 200 inches isn't much, especially with how rough weather can be on the conditions up there. My folks have a place outside of Placid and I've been up there quite a bit. I love the area, the people and the mountains are really amazing, but it just doesn't get the precipitation needed.

• Like 1

Peggy o is one of two decent huts on the ec the other is crag at king which is the tr from last year. No 10th mt on the ec

Peggy is 300 a night which is pricey, normaly we do the leanto but there were some noobs on this trip. They also have grace camp which sleeps 6 and is a buck fifty.

I'm glad people enjoy this tr hopefully it gets some more people into bc skiing on the ec.

awesome trip. i can't wait for next season. no pass for me this year. using the money for a split board. tired of paying for what my legs do just fine.

that bit about your buddy is wild. those are the things that really make you stop and think. when i was at bridger with glenn we had a situation (much less consequential and scary). first person in the steep boot back blows a foot starts sliding and takes out the second. i saw them coming at me and thought we were done for. thankfully we hadn't strapped in our boards yet and i was able to slam mine down into the snow, braced hard and stopped them both. if they took me out we'd have slid for quite a ways and more then likely into something. again, not nearly as scary and odd as your situation, but i can relate.

keep getting at it. seems like the ec has better snow then we do right now.

seems like the ec has better snow then we do right now.

post-109-0-37299200-1302108838_thumb.jpg

really?

Excellent TR though, really enjoy reading the BC trips even though I am too lazy to get my riding this way.

Edited by Timeless

not to say co is hurting bad, but i just keep hearing that it's puking on the east.

We always get the precip its just that lots of times the cold air is gone by now. For whatever reason it has stayed cold up north, VT got 4-6" yesterday out of low precip, Daks are 8-10ft deep in April and they almost always go before the Greens.

Unless there is a major warmup the Prezzis will go to August. I think somebody said they are doing tux around 4/20 prepare for cold as shit.....

Top notch JL slayage as usual. How long a hike/skin from the lodge to the summit? What time did you guys head out in the AM to summit?

We left our cabin around 10am and were up top by 3. Its 3.7 miles and around 3000 vert, the first 2 miles or so are easy trail with maybe 800 vert gain. The difficult part is making sure your in the right drainage and then navigating that drainage. The drainage is really only tight for 1/4 or 1/2 mile but it has two sections that are tricky with skins on. Additionally the boot up the slide was a little slow as lower down the lead guy would be going in to the knee.

Regardless we weren't moving very fast, we almost never do. We may be the lazy bunch of tourers ever which is why I think almost anyone can experience the bc. Once we got skis on we were out and back to the camp in an hour/hour and a half and we were seriously fucking around.

You could do it in a day for sure but you would have to be moving though once out of the drainage you could negotiate the trail in the dark.

One thing to note is that DEC blazed certain portions of this trail with blue and navy blue blazes because theoretically its two trails. Why they don't use more than three colors I'll never know but it can be a little confusing if your not also navigating spatially.

If you ever want detailed directions just let me know.