the pics from today thread

Justin

Depending on the lift, and it's accompanying space, it's not terribly unheard of to leave cabins on the lift, especially if they have some summer activity that uses them. Weddings? I know Killington built in storage areas for theirs, but Sunday River has a booming mid mountain wedding business and bike park business that uses the cabins, so there is actually no place to place them should they want to take them off the line unless it's on the ground.

If your referring to "downhill" as in reverse, then yes, most modern high speed lifts, gondis included, can run in reverse, but I'm sure you knew that. I'm probably missing the point here lol

Downhill mtn biking. Sib's hill is kinda in the boonies I was wondering if they did alot of summer business.

The gondola is only used in summer - notice no place for skis. They alternate the gondolas with chairs. I don't use them because they are hot and the plexiglass is all scratched. But they are good for people with small kids or slightly-better for those with fear of heights. We have extensive mountain biking and hiking here in the summer and the Summit House is open for lunch and beer on the deck.

You can ride up or down winter or summer.

That was my question, thanks.

Summer is our (the town's) high season. Out of 760,000 visitors, 400,000 are summer visitors, just July and August. Don't forget, Glacier National Park is right by us. Not only is there mountain biking at the resort, but zip-lining, an aerial obstacle course, the chairlift, guided nature walks, etc.

Edited by sibhusky

Summer is our (the town's) high season. Out of 760,000 visitors, 400,000 are summer visitors, just July and August. Don't forget, Glacier National Park is right by us. Not only is there mountain biking at the resort, but zip-lining, an aerial obstacle course, the chairlift, guided nature walks, etc.

I knew about Glacier but that's just crazy amounts of people considering where you are. They all come from Missoula and up 93 ? (i think that is the right road)

You learn new things everyday.

We have an airport. We have trains. And we are only 60 miles from the Canadian border. Spokane is just slightly farther than Missoula.

5.5 hours to Calgary.

4.5 to Spokane

3 to Missoula

Edited by sibhusky

We have an airport. We have trains. And we are only 60 miles from the Canadian border. Spokane is just slightly farther than Missoula.

5.5 hours to Calgary.

4.5 to Spokane

3 to Missoula

Seems like a great location. I bet you can get to a lot of cool places in a half day or less. You ever cruise up to Nelson or Revy?

Thats a sweet flat top sitting in front of you!

That is me. It's my summer do. Haha. In all seriousness though, the dude in front of me with the popcorn in hair who hated kids having a good time at a baseball game was priceless. Who gets that serious about a minor league baseball game?