Best Place for Tune/Sharpen/Wax

oldtimeskier

Probably would have helped if I listed that I live in Doylestown.

I checked the Buckman's site but it is $40. Sounds like a lot, but not sure.

wax and sharpen, or full tune? $40 for a full tune, base grind, etc, is not bad. For a wax and sharpen that's way pricy.

Probably would have helped if I listed that I live in Doylestown.

I checked the Buckman's site but it is $40. Sounds like a lot, but not sure.

wax and sharpen, or full tune? $40 for a full tune, base grind, etc, is not bad. For a wax and sharpen that's way pricy.

Pretty sure that includes base grind/repair work/binding test. I bought a season tuning pass from them a couple years ago and it was like $65 I think. I was always happy with the work, but I got tired of planning my skiing around waiting for my skis.

Remember outside of WC most of this stuff is done by drunk probably stoned persons for 8$ and hour, it's not all that complex. Certainly WC guys get to the complex things but nobody is riding here with that kind of required precision.

Go to tognar, read and then buy some tools. You'll end up with a better finished product and even if you let a shop do it you can actually tell them I want a 1-1 bevel or whatever.

• Like 2

I have a private ski tech that I go through. I haven't heard from him lately about it, but usually closer to the season he offers his services for some cold, dark water. He's the best around the LV.

I heard his tuning shop is opening up in the next few weeks. Also, I heard he has some skis for you.

• Like 2

in case anyone is wondering, rental fleets of large size are usually torque tested by people drunk/stoned people as well like johnny said

source: I dont think one ski torqued passed.

i mean, they all passed, but i couldnt tell you if it was accurate or not.

sign your life away!

Edited by Shadows

The shop I'm at ..we don't let the kids near the machines. All tuning is done by guys with years of experience. And when we train a kid he's not left alone tuning for quite some time. Learn to do basic edging and waxing yourself. A base grind is good for a while. I only base grind my skis when it's absolutly required. Also we use manufactures recommened bevel angles. If someone wants something different it can be done. Seasonal tunes are the way to go if you are just that stoned.

• Like 1