Zee Lights

skifreak

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m never skiing Big Boulder..if blue doesn’t open in the next few weeks I’ll go to colorado for a long weekend. 

should i be worried about blue not opening this upcoming weekend?it seemed like the consensus on here yesterday was blue should open this weekend, looking at the forecast looks like tuesday, weds, thurs and fri look good for snowmaking.

Just now, theprogram4 said:

should i be worried about blue not opening this upcoming weekend?it seemed like the consensus on here yesterday was blue should open this weekend, looking at the forecast looks like tuesday, weds, thurs and fri look good for snowmaking.

They lost one night of snowmaking(Monday night) based on the new forecast.  If Tuesday and wednesday nights have good snowmaking I can see them making the call Thursday for a Friday opening I’m thinking more likely a Saturday opening now if snowmaking permits. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I am hopeful, but I fear that they realistically will not be able to. If temps drop lower than projected, they could be good. If they stay the same or rise, it could be dicey. 

• Like 2

Just now, toast21602 said:

I am hopeful, but I fear that they realistically will not be able to. If temps drop lower than projected, they could be good. If they stay the same or rise, it could be dicey. 

if blue doesnt open, i dont see montage opening and definetly not camelback.  i havent checked the temps for those 2 places but blue certainly has better snowmaking than montage and more heart to open then CB

Just now, theprogram4 said:

if blue doesnt open, i dont see montage opening and definetly not camelback.  i havent checked the temps for those 2 places but blue certainly has better snowmaking than montage and more heart to open then CB

They both, typically, have colder temps than Blue and if they wanted to I think they could. I'd go to Camel over Montage because I think they's have more open, but who knows. I guess we will all find out as the week progresses. Until then, BB it is! 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Both of them made snow every chance they could while Blue was sitting on their fans, and both got more snow from Tursday's storm. I have family in Scranton that said they got 11 inches, haven't fact checked that.

Camel was really working the guns hard from what I saw on the webcams the other day. Not sure where they laid snow, but if I were them i would focus on Nile Mile, cliffhanger, Sunbowl, maybe Pocono raceway, and maybe Pharaoh/Bactrian if they want to open them as regular trails before making more snow to convert to park. 

That would let them focus on areas near the hotel to sell that sucker out, and areas with a grass base instead of the pavement of the waterpark up top. It would give them trails for all levels, they could give lessons on one half of Sunbowl, or could blow the lesson area up top if they wanted, since they would still have to open facilities up there for rentals.

But tubing will probably be open . . . 

• Like 1

Just now, enjoralas said:

Both of them made snow every chance they could while Blue was sitting on their fans, and both got more snow from Tursday's storm. I have family in Scranton that said they got 11 inches, haven't fact checked that.

Camel was really working the guns hard from what I saw on the webcams the other day. Not sure where they laid snow, but if I were them i would focus on Nile Mile, cliffhanger, Sunbowl, maybe Pocono raceway, and maybe Pharaoh/Bactrian if they want to open them as regular trails before making more snow to convert to park. 

That would let them focus on areas near the hotel to sell that sucker out, and areas with a grass base instead of the pavement of the waterpark up top. It would give them trails for all levels, they could give lessons on one half of Sunbowl, or could blow the lesson area up top if they wanted, since they would still have to open facilities up there for rentals.

But tubing will probably be open . . . 

i think montage posted 10 inches on their site.  if no blue next week but CB opens, ill got to CB.  if no blue or cb but montage, ill have a decision to make.  i really dont wanna drive the extra distance for a limited montage (i like montage when northface is open), but anything there will be more vert than BB

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i think montage posted 10 inches on their site.  if no blue next week but CB opens, ill got to CB.  if no blue or cb but montage, ill have a decision to make.  i really dont wanna drive the extra distance for a limited montage (i like montage when northface is open), but anything there will be more vert than BB

The snow that fell two days ago will be irrelevant to future ski area openings.  

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Disagree

If I was blue I would have gathered truckloads of snow from the entire mountain and put it on easy out vista midway and Main Street. Maybe enough for a bonk yard on come around. 

The snow is relevant for getting people excited about skiing. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The snow is relevant for getting people excited about skiing. 

since we got 5 inches around here, people think everywhere in the poconos got 5 feet.  the same people who are usually shocked im snowboarding in november are now asking me why i havent ridden yet this winter

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

since we got 5 inches around here, people think everywhere in the poconos got 5 feet.  the same people who are usually shocked im snowboarding in november are now asking me why i havent ridden yet this winter

Thats why I need to stay out of the bars.  Those people are retards about skiing. They go to killington one time 15 years ago on their Saloman cap skis from high school and they think they’re experts. And when Blue is open and they ask what trails are open they think I’m nuts for going with only a few runs open. 

I really think some of the asian invasion and Matt edge showed up this weekend at Blue expecting to ski.