Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

howdy.

I got two large window jobs to do still. was hoping this would hold off for 2 weeks. 

plus pressure washing. 

By Monday everything will be back to normal and we can watch blue fire up the snowmaking cannons in anticipation of a potential root Friday opening. 

New page!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

By Monday everything will be back to normal and we can watch blue fire up the snowmaking cannons in anticipation of a potential root Friday opening.

With projected lows in the 20's, they better be running the guns every minute they can!

Hopefully that's their "solid plan ahead"...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

With projected lows in the 20's, they better be running the guns every minute they can!

Hopefully that's their "solid plan ahead"...

On their Facebook page they said they have a plan. They need to blow Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. No ifs ands or ass’s about it. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On their Facebook page they said they have a plan. They need to blow Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. No ifs ands or ass’s about it. 

Looks like there could be a 48 hour stretch if temps stay below freezing as predicted right now for Wednesday. Hopefully they have their eyes on the prize.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thats what i would say too....that i have a plan.  seems like they are getting some less than friendly fire for not making snow when the possibly could have.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I'm blaming at least part of all the issues on the fact that thousands of people freaked out and all left work early which jammed up the roads. I stayed until 530 and got home faster than I normally do. 

My wife did the same, worked beautifully.

17 minutes ago, zzslope said:

With all of the anti everything do -it-for-you technology in vehicles today driving in the snow should be a walk in the park. 

I think people are replacing just good old fashioned american snow driving skills for an AWD vehicle.  Arent bright enough to drive in the snow?  buy an SUV.  My first car was a 76 Nova.  put snow tires on it, and it always got me where i needed to go in it.  Just wasnt stupid about it.  We have all passed an SUV in the ditch.  how did it get there?  Just like any other vehicle, it slid there.  Engage AWD, disengage brain.  More people should buy chains, or straps too.  chains are awesome.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schif said:

I'm blaming at least part of all the issues on the fact that thousands of people freaked out and all left work early which jammed up the roads. I stayed until 530 and got home faster than I normally do. 

One of my coworkers left at 430 yesterday and didn’t get home until 7. I left at 630 and was home by 7. We both have 17 mile drives. It was unbelievable how jammed the roads were and how bad people freaked out. 

55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think people are replacing just good old fashioned american snow driving skills for an AWD vehicle.  Arent bright enough to drive in the snow?  buy an SUV.  My first car was a 76 Nova.  put snow tires on it, and it always got me where i needed to go in it.  Just wasnt stupid about it.  We have all passed an SUV in the ditch.  how did it get there?  Just like any other vehicle, it slid there.  Engage AWD, disengage brain.  More people should buy chains, or straps too.  chains are awesome.  

We had studded tires back then too!  Learning on rear-wheel drive cars made us better drivers.

I was just looking around this morning for a set of emergency chains.

Problem I have the majority of the time is everyone else. 
I'll leave quite early to get to Blue and there'll be nobody on the roads until I catch up to someone who really shouldn't be out (well neither should I, but that's beside the point), driving all of 10 MPH and refused to pull over, even though I'm (somewhat) close to them to urge them to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We had studded tires back then too!  Learning on rear-wheel drive cars made us better drivers.

I'll leave quite early to get to Blue and there'll be nobody on the roads until I catch up to someone who really shouldn't be out (well neither should I, but that's beside the point), driving all of 10 MPH and refused to pull over, even though I'm (somewhat) close to them to urge them to.

That sounds like a very familiar scenario.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Driving to work today with no real snow on the roads seemed too easy. I like the challenge of driving in snow.  It’s crazy how aggro people drive in the snow out west...the buses in Jackson hole go 45-55mph on snow packed roads. 

Anytime I have gone to an area that regularly gets snow I have been amazed by how much better people handle driving in the snow. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Agree with all.  Everyone should actually be taught how to drive in the snow.  

None of us should really be on the roads when we are travelling to Blue in the snow, but i think as a collective group, skiers are prepared to drive in the snow.  I dont usually have many issues getting to Blue other than having to drive down the mountain from Albrightsville on a very interesting road with sharp turns and weird banking.  The problem is when i have to go home.  That road is notorious for becoming a parking lot of cars that didnt make it up.  Then nobody can get up, and there you sit.  I used to  put chains on my Bronco to plow when it was really bad.  Chains are damn near unstoppable.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Anytime I have gone to an area that regularly gets snow I have been amazed by how much better people handle driving in the snow. 

Just another day for them.  Around here its the end of the fucking world and Penn Dot is the problem in their eyes.  One time i saw some stats on Steamboat Springs.  they had like 300" inches of snow that year, and 0 snow days for the school system.  

• Like 1