Zee Lights

skifreak

I had to park in a nearby neighborhood and run like hell through 2 developments and jump a couple fences to pick my kids up at the bus stop. Traffic was stopped on the main road that leads to my neighborhood and I had only 5 minutes until the bus was to arrive. Of course, the bus was late and I probably could have just stayed in traffic and made it.

12 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I had to park in a nearby neighborhood and run like hell through 2 developments and jump a couple fences to pick my kids up at the bus stop. Traffic was stopped on the main road that leads to my neighborhood and I had only 5 minutes until the bus was to arrive. Of course, the bus was late and I probably could have just stayed in traffic and made it.

That sounds like a scene from Ferris Buellers day off!!

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

Let me go up this major route thats a hill in my fwd car and no concept of throttle control.

There was a tractor trailer curbed near the top southbound, before the second lane. Traffic backed up down into 5 points, where geniuses were sitting in the middle of the intersection, often for 2-4 light cycles, crushing traffic in all directions. 

And yes, so many people heading uphill with no concept of needing to keep momentum going

I ended up driving through 6 parking lots, using them as short cuts to other roads, had to use back roads...like neighborhood roads.  but still got jammed up a little with people stuck on little hills, people sliding down shit into ditches.  At one point when i was stopped, there was a range rover in front of me.  Once we started moving again hid slid dead sideways into a sign, and sort of getting sucked into a ditch.  He just hit the go pedal to get out and ran the sign post down the whole side of his car.  

Is it me, or is all of this just getting worse?  I guess part of this is getting more snow than predicted.  But i feel like most people are making poor choices by venturing out in the snow with their honda.  Lots of people are just blaming Penndot, like there is some magical way they can clear the roads with cars all piled up on them.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I ended up driving through 6 parking lots, using them as short cuts to other roads, had to use back roads...like neighborhood roads.  but still got jammed up a little with people stuck on little hills, people sliding down shit into ditches.  At one point when i was stopped, there was a range rover in front of me.  Once we started moving again hid slid dead sideways into a sign, and sort of getting sucked into a ditch.  He just hit the go pedal to get out and ran the sign post down the whole side of his car.  

Is it me, or is all of this just getting worse?  I guess part of this is getting more snow than predicted.  But i feel like most people are making poor choices by venturing out in the snow with their honda.  Lots of people are just blaming Penndot, like there is some magical way they can clear the roads with cars all piled up on them.  

Wife got within about 2 miles of home, following plow truck (of course, probably too close as she doesn't comprehend that you need to give people room in front of you in case they get stuck on hill).  The plow truck got stuck, so instead of trying to go around with her momentum, she stopped.  She's a nurse and just wanted to get home.  I sent her a picture of Google traffic of Bethlehem before she left which was just all red.  She should have just stayed over at the hospital.

Unable to get going again, she calls me to help!

Plow truck driver had her and someone else behind her back down the hill so they all could get a running start.

Yeah, keyboard warriors are just idiots claiming that roads should have been treated, yada, yada, yada.
Storm overproduced and no amount of treatment is gonna help 6" of snow.
I also know they treated the roads around here because I was out Wed. night and saw them treating.

Timing of the heavy snowfall, everyone leaving work early, inability to drive in snow, packing the snow into a sheet of ice were all the culprits.
Once the snow is packed down on roads and there's gridlock, plows are helpless to do anything.