Zee Lights

skifreak

16 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Noticed they have a portable fan gun laying in wait for extra coverage at the intersection of Main St and Burma, good to see they are least preparing and have snowmaking on the radar. 

Checking out the cams in the dark, interesting to see where the blinky lights are...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

About time they deploy the new, upgraded one.

need some donations.  bouys aint cheap, thats why this one isnt the best.  we had to trade some Russians cases of Marlboro Reds, those cheese things they have at Royal Farms, and some Wawa gift cards.  And at that, it was a super sketchy deal.  

https://www.gofundme.com/f/beltzvillebouy

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

need some donations.  bouys aint cheap, thats why this one isnt the best.  we had to trade some Russians cases of Marlboro Reds, those cheese things they have at Royal Farms, and some Wawa gift cards.  And at that, it was a super sketchy deal.  

shit I thought it was just a dirty diaper stuck to one of the sensors

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Especially when you're going for the SHRRR radar to improve the sensitivity of the falling precipitation on that side of the mountain, not to mention the all-important increased sensitivity of the air temperature and humidity sensors!
Should abandon the wave height sensor altogether as it's pretty useless on Beltzville lake.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Schif said:

Excuse me, what? 

The ever elusive fried cheese ball from Rofo.  i dont think any of them have them anymore, and even back when we had to find them, they were crazy hard to find.  This was almost a deal breaker.  We even tried to get the Russians to substitute cheese balls for Pizza, and little Caesars at that.  I guess they knew it is shit pizza too.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Especially when you're going for the SHRRR radar to improve the sensitivity of the falling precipitation on that side of the mountain, not to mention the all-important increased sensitivity of the air temperature and humidity sensors!
Should abandon the wave height sensor altogether as it's pretty useless on Beltzville lake.

The wave height sensor plays a huge role in this thing.  Without it, really we just have a Chinese built, Russian traded, very heavy weather reporting machine.  The problem is, the wave height sensor we have isnt calibrated in Centimeters, its calibrated in Meters, based on the fact that the Russians most likely stole it from the South China Sea, where wave heights are big.  so we are trying to measure Beltsvilles tiny wave heights on a scale thats really just to big.  @toast21602 pulled his hair out trying to adjust the algorithms to understand that something like .00569 M was in fact a real number and just getting it out 5 decimal places almost cost him one of his running trophies cause he almost missed a marathon.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The wave height sensor plays a huge role in this thing.  Without it, really we just have a Chinese built, Russian traded, very heavy weather reporting machine.  The problem is, the wave height sensor we have isnt calibrated in Centimeters, its calibrated in Meters, based on the fact that the Russians most likely stole it from the South China Sea, where wave heights are big.  so we are trying to measure Beltsvilles tiny wave heights on a scale thats really just to big.  @toast21602 pulled his hair out trying to adjust the algorithms to understand that something like .00569 M was in fact a real number and just getting it out 5 decimal places almost cost him one of his running trophies cause he almost missed a marathon.  

Stop

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re welcome and anytime!!!

Make sure to remind JF Dan about our upcoming supper date in Malvern. I think he texted me at the end of last ski season and offered to treat me to hors d'oeurves at The Sloppy Pig for being such a radical skier.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Firepits and chairs are gone from the snow edge and ski rack area at the Summit. The stage remains on tubing though

Wow a stage @saltyant they should keep that up for the PASR talent show… @zzslope I heard If you get a second hand guitar chances are you’ll go far.  

• Confused 1