Zee Lights

skifreak

54 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I like the boldness, if that rain would disappear I would totally think they would give Vista a go.  

i agree with that.  weather, weatherbug, and accuweather all agree on one thing.  Non-frozen precipitation on Tuesday, and as of right now, a significant amount,  

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i agree with that.  weather, weatherbug, and accuweather all agree on one thing.  Non-frozen precipitation on Tuesday, and as of right now, a significant amount,  

I think it is all about net positive gains here.  If they make snow and lose some, as long as there is still snow left on the ground they are ahead of schedule.

I also think that they have proven that they are willing to take a little risk and be aggressive with snowmaking based off of last year.

Edited by Dirtwolf
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

I think it is all about net positive gains here.  If they make snow and lose some, as long as there is still snow left on the ground they are ahead of schedule.

I also think that they have proven that they are willing to take a little risk and be aggressive with snowmaking based off of last year.

i dont disagree with any of that.  

i just think based on the weather forecast right now, making snow Sunday night would be a test.  it just looks like the windows for snowmaking will be small until like thursday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think starting a roll call for root Friday is a little premature with this forecast. 

i would love to ski on Ski Friday, but i would rather be surprised they pull it off, rather than planning on it and being disappointed.  

i dont see how Fridays gonna happen, but its a week out, and that rain is still there Tuesday.  However, it did go colder i think, and based on this, i see shit getting fired up for real Wednesday pm.  

image.png.af961e78f4a4b07c1aeca8e2c246a7ed.png

image.png.512f10b32ec1451802e86f18888f28b5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i would love to ski on Ski Friday, but i would rather be surprised they pull it off, rather than planning on it and being disappointed.  

i dont see how Fridays gonna happen, but its a week out, and that rain is still there Tuesday.  However, it did go colder i think, and based on this, i see shit getting fired up for real Wednesday pm.  

image.png.af961e78f4a4b07c1aeca8e2c246a7ed.png

image.png.512f10b32ec1451802e86f18888f28b5.png

Rain, clouds, more clouds, showers are all a recipe for high humidity levels, regardless of those temps.
No chance in Hell, unless they're gonna open for fast-grass.
But I'm willing to break out the rock skis for some fast-grass!

Need some clear, crisp, cold nights and no clouds to trap the moisture.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 5

They seem to be in 100% confident they will get open next weekend. 

I don't ever recall them being so upfront about anything really but maybe with their new capacity they can make Vista go in a couple of hours. 

Still assuming best case they have only 3 nights at best next week. That would be mad impressive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

I don't ever recall them being so upfront about anything really but maybe with their new capacity they can make Vista go in a couple of hours. 

Still assuming best case they have only 3 nights at best next week. That would be mad impressive. 

Yeah, with the e-mail and YT video, they seem pretty confident in their snowmaking capabilities, that or they're smoking some goooood shit up there and need to pass it along!

It is impressive they're so open with all the new snowmaking equipment and systems on the various social media sites, way more than with prior management.  Perhaps someone's finally listening to the masses!?!?

Next week's gonna be interesting for sure!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, with the e-mail and YT video, they seem pretty confident in their snowmaking capabilities, that or they're smoking some goooood shit up there and need to pass it along!

It is impressive they're so open with all the new snowmaking equipment and systems on the various social media sites, way more than with prior management.  Perhaps someone's finally listening to the masses!?!?

Next week's gonna be interesting for sure!

With prior prior management, you had to wait until the brochure came out to find out about new improvements and I was calling 1-800-235-2226 everyday for snowmaking updates. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Disc golf hole has been removed from Vista. Just sayin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Screenshot_20231117_182121_Instagram.thumb.jpg.3a63191861b971eb4806af5f17bd222b.jpg

They are being relentless with it, I have faith!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2