Zee Lights

skifreak

42 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

They still have the fan guns on, you can see the rainbow being generated on the Vista cam.

Mad props for trying it's gotta be near 40 there. 

They're still rocking some of the stick guns too. On the tubing cam you can see the sticks going on the far slope, and you can see that there's snow being made up on Paradise, at the top of the cam. Not sure if they have a fan or two at the Paradise/DW intersection that might be coming from though . . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiMe said:

Looks like the park will remain on Barbs way and we get a fresh build with the first jump of the season!

So I guess we can assume upper mountain snowmaking efforts main street side may have went to Upper Main or potentially Lazy Mile rather than Come Around.

Based on the latest drone footage they posted a few hours ago, I would day Paradise and Coming Soon are a lock, unless it's a lot thinner than it looks. Obviously hard to judge depth from a drone flyover. 

It looks like Upper Main didn't get the love. Maybe they needed the water for the sticks on tubing 3.

• Like 1

Standard iphone app which is weather.com i believe, says 38.  Accuweather says 39.  Weather bug 39.  So, it looks pretty clear its above freezing.  

Applauding the effort for sure, but they have to be making some low quality gak right about now.  better new is it looks like temps drop real quick as the sun sets.  

• Like 2

Just now, enjoralas said:

Based on the latest drone footage they posted a few hours ago, I would day Paradise and Coming Soon are a lock, unless it's a lot thinner than it looks. Obviously hard to judge depth from a drone flyover. 

It looks like Upper Main didn't get the love. Maybe they needed the water for the sticks on tubing 3.

I would have to say I agree with that.  I would be suprised to not see Paradise, Nile Mile or both in the lineup this week.  If we get something new 6 pack side that will be an epic bonus.

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I feel like "the largest snowmaking system on the east" isnt always on full blast.  i mean, who really knows what 15,000 gpm can work as far as guns, but it seems like Killington with a smaller system, puts down more snow.  granted, they have better temps to work with.  

But you would think they would be doing everything possible to get some shit going on Razors, for the spandex squad.  

42 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I feel like "the largest snowmaking system on the east" isnt always on full blast.  i mean, who really knows what 15,000 gpm can work as far as guns, but it seems like Killington with a smaller system, puts down more snow.  granted, they have better temps to work with.  

But you would think they would be doing everything possible to get some shit going on Razors, for the spandex squad.  

I guess production is so much better when it’s like 15 degrees than 26-39 degrees.  There just hasn’t been that many hours of cold and for them to blow on razors only for it to melt would be a waste.  Anyway off to check blues Facebook to see if Oz post anything.

9 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Temps looking better mid week. Any word if they will be opening ? Hopefully the rain stays south.  Wednesday maybe a little Clipper coming through? 

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My guess is closed Monday and then open daily 

i thought i saw they posted they would be open daily starting today.  But, most likely closed on Monday, and then just open Tuesday for ice skating.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2