Zee Lights

skifreak

8 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Amazing tech yet the size of the cookies this year are record breaking. 

That's because they groom immediately after blowing, there's no time for the "snow" to dry out.

Look at how good the snow was on Coming Soon when it first opened and Raisins (from what I was told), since the snow had time to sit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Amazing tech yet the size of the cookies this year are record breaking. 

The only tech i see is a radar to tell them how deep the base is, as far as i could tell, from what i watched.  As cool as it is, its only as good as the people that use it, and how they use it.  

Every piece of equipment has a huge computer screen on it these days.  Its a problem for the older generation.  you know, the guys that wont use an iphone, and struggle with a flip phone....those types.  

I have guys at work that struggle with sending emails from an iphone.  And just blatantly wont do it because its "new" and it will take them 20 minutes to learn how.  

We have a really expensive brand new paver that we struggle with, because its less levers and cables, and all done by wires, and, you guessed it, has a huge computer screen on it, and does fancy shit like self adjust based on points you put in it, or reads off of a curb. Lots of tech for a bunch of low tech guys.  

Cant teach an old dog, new tricks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My old delivery guy had paper map books for every county in eastern PA and NJ.  It sure was fun when I played the navigator.  He’d have ten miles to go and slow down and look at every cross street.  

New guy is addicted to GPS…if it told him to drive off a pier he would.  He’s super geographically illiterate.  He’s always asking me if a certain place is near somewhere and dumb questions.  He’ll be like is lambertville near coatesville.  No…

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My old delivery guy had paper map books for every county in eastern PA and NJ.  It sure was fun when I played the navigator.  He’d have ten miles to go and slow down and look at every cross street.  

New guy is addicted to GPS…if it told him to drive off a pier he would.  He’s super geographically illiterate.  He’s always asking me if a certain place is near somewhere and dumb questions.  He’ll be like is lambertville near coatesville.  No…

Turn on gps, turn off brain.  i have found people using a gps and they were in the wrong state.  no lie.  all of our trucks have trackers on them, so occasionally i will see one, and be like what the fuck is that guy doing there?

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Turn on gps, turn off brain.  i have found people using a gps and they were in the wrong state.  no lie.  all of our trucks have trackers on them, so occasionally i will see one, and be like what the fuck is that guy doing there?

I’ve never personally used a GPS.  I’m amazed I used to remember where all my classrooms and friends phone numbers were and where random people lived in college.  

A lot of our cemetery files have Mapquest directions printed out in the early 2000s and some have really really old directions where 145/MacArthur road is called 7th street and when parts of 78 were 309.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Cant teach an old dog, new tricks.  

We built this city. We built this city on rock and roll. 😀  (just watched a video on the development of Unix. Talk about Stone Age). 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

We built this city. We built this city on rock and roll. 😀  (just watched a video on the development of Unix. Talk about Stone Age). 

One of my friends dads was one of the founding members of Jefferson Airplane, Jerry Peloquin…jefferson airplane merged into jefferson starship  which continued on as Starship back in the 80s when everybody was dancing on the ceiling. 

• Like 2

Here's the BMR race schedule for this year to take away Nile Mile and or Razors when it opens from the public.

Saturdays and Sundays from 8 to 1 then then have the following school nights too. Monday Tuesday Wednesday and fucking Thursday.

Really not cool....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DiMe said:

Here's the BMR race schedule for this year to take away Nile Mile and or Razors when it opens from the public.

Saturdays and Sundays from 8 to 1 then then have the following school nights too. Monday Tuesday Wednesday and fucking Thursday.

Really not cool....

Just join BMR, then you can ski something besides Midway!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Just join BMR, then you can ski something besides Midway!!!

Fuck those snooty little brats.  They pissed me off last Sunday big time.  Closing trails on the busiest day of the year and jumping the lift gates every run right onto the chairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Fuck those snooty little brats.  They pissed me off last Sunday big time.  Closing trails on the busiest day of the year and jumping the lift gates every run right onto the chairs.

bUt ThEy bRiNg iN sOoOoOoOo mUcH rEvEnUe.

• Boner City 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

They have dedicated season pass lines but they also upped their cattle chute game all around. 

They had pleeb chutes setup at like 910 on the new sixer which is good for them. 

i think ikoners are not passholders.  i think they will need to work on that, but i'm on board with the changes at least from this side of the internet.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i think ikoners are not passholders.  i think they will need to work on that, but i'm on board with the changes at least from this side of the internet.  

I'm just glad to see some improvement, I'm sure it will be nuts to butts but some simple things will really help. 

Interested to see if they are ready tomorrow, all week they've been good but it's easy when it's empty. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

https://www.facebook.com/SkiBlueMt/videos/1088689262173060

New VIP lanes.  So, at least they listen.  

Very good to see Blue making an effort!

Complaining does seem to help.

Hopefully they'll implement something in the new 6 for grouping, if it's seriously crowded.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1