Zee Lights

skifreak

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Wait this may be good news though right. You can't have a skier cross and terrain park on the same trail can you?

Sure you can. Their trail map lists them both as orange oval "freestyle terrain". It isn't going to change this season and sadly, we can't pretend that it will.

tenor-144809876.gif.bcb8d5e168a8c415774376fe2818cb42.gif

I can’t see Pioneer Pass opening. I mean, they put a zipline on it and three anchor poles across the entrance. Really they’re down to 39 trails again. 
I mean, it’s a slow “trail “so they could fence-funnel the entrance around the poles without worrying too much about people impacting them, but it’s a lot of effort for nothing

31 minutes ago, Benm said:

wtf, pioneer pass is an actual trail? i thought it was something on the learning hill or a lift.

On the map looks like it's the right side of Vista. But IDK. That's rad if they consider one trail to be two trails. Maybe they can do that with every trail and have 80 trails.

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. Last year they seeded bumps on X-ing and they were far apart so I could actually ski them. I felt like I could ski. It was rad. I utilized the GoPro footage in my Haters vidya.

That was rad.  You should share that video for stoke and then I’ll reshare whenever haters wanna hate. 

• Boner City 1

18 hours ago, Benm said:

wtf, pioneer pass is an actual trail? i thought it was something on the learning hill or a lift.

18 hours ago, saltyant said:

On the map looks like it's the right side of Vista. But IDK. That's rad if they consider one trail to be two trails. Maybe they can do that with every trail and have 80 trails.

Not quite an actual trail, it’s kind of like x-ing. Pops out the side of Vista and cuts the corner to drop into Connector. Maybe 200 feet long. They built the ropes course next to/around it including the aforementioned zip line. It might be where they used to have the Big Air Bag, but that may have been right on the side of Vista

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, it's 12' here.   They still have trails to cover.

Maybe giving snowmakers a break?

Yeah, maybe. It is also super windy here right now. They have been going almost non-stop since the start of the new year. I can't really complain about them stopping for a few hours right now even though it is prime weather. Blue has done an incredible job of getting things open.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah, maybe. It is also super windy here right now. They have been going almost non-stop since the start of the new year. I can't really complain about them stopping for a few hours right now even though it is prime weather. Blue has done an incredible job of getting things open.

Switchback is a good trail to blow on when it's windy, since it's surrounded by trees.  
Unfortunately it's only got the old, manual guns on it that require human attention.

• Like 3

it's too cold to blow blue mountain gack, only fine gun pow comes out now. Will resume when the temps are marginal again....

(I appreciate what the snowmakers do but sometimes you just gotta wonder how come the product is not better with optimal temps. You see it done at other mountains?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

it's too cold to blow blue mountain gack, only fine gun pow comes out now. Will resume when the temps are marginal again....

(I appreciate what the snowmakers do but sometimes you just gotta wonder how come the product is not better with optimal temps. You see it done at other mountains?)

Bob snow = basebuilding for April, May, June when the mountain is closed.

• Confused 2