Gardening

momskeeztoo

17 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I really don't consider myself a stoner...Just like to puff...puff...pass once and awhile(not even a daily) ...and this was more of "how hard can it really be" experiment ....and ya know what..it aint that hard to do with what's available these days....

With weed I can take it or leave it.  I’d just rather take it. 

I’ve done 7 hours of mulching at my parents house so far.  Gonna stop over later this week and finish the job, probably another 2.5 hours to go.  Mowed their lawn a few days ago and have to mow my yard today.  

I haven’t done squat with my blueberry bushes this year. I’ve had some major work projects, so hopefully I’ll have some time while paperwork is being shuffled back and forth between lawyers. It looks like the first grass cutting of the season is on Monday, with mulching to follow. I’d love to mulch the blueberry bushes in the next week or two, but who knows what will pop up with this pandemic by then...
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I haven’t done squat with my blueberry bushes this year. I’ve had some major work projects, so hopefully I’ll have some time while paperwork is being shuffled back and forth between lawyers. It looks like the first grass cutting of the season is on Monday, with mulching to follow. I’d love to mulch the blueberry bushes in the next week or two, but who knows what will pop up with this pandemic by then...

Nobody cares 

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Why? Are you and Doug planting seeds again?

It's fun when Steeze and RideDE go at it on here. Nah, I probably won't see Steeze or MattEdge until Thanksgiving, if there even is a ski season.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why wouldn’t there be a ski season??

If there's another wave, and vaccine wont be available until probably spring 2021 at the earliest. I hope not but I'm a pessimist and I dont expect to do much of anything this year.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If there's another wave, and vaccine wont be available until probably spring 2021 at the earliest. I hope not but I'm a pessimist and I dont expect to do much of anything this year.

Mid summer we’ll be able to do some stuff and next skison could be herky jerky but it will happen.  We might have to road trip a little with @RidgeRacer and @Papasteeze

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That’s not pessimistic it’s pretty realistic at this point. 

• Thanks 1

If there isn’t skiing, it will be a business decision at that point. Regardless of your political views, the country itself literally can’t survive without the gradual reopening of the economy, regardless of what that looks like and the pace it takes. The country can’t continue to issue debt (I mean, they can, but realistically they can’t) without having some means to pay it off without risking massive inflation by issuing more paper to pay for it. We would be coming out of this in a recession/depression that would arguably impact as many lives as the virus itself. There’s a middle ground that we have yet to find, or even tried to explore as we battle the worst of it, but at some point they will have to find it. If there is a depression, it could be even longer and more drawn out than the Great Depression because we most likely won’t have a war to kickstart the economy. As with many many things, there is no one correct answer on how to address this, but a complete shutdown like this can’t continue into 2021 without ramifications that I don’t think any of us are capable of seeing or comprehending.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

If there isn’t skiing, it will be a business decision at that point. Regardless of your political views, the country itself literally can’t survive without the gradual reopening of the economy, regardless of what that looks like and the pace it takes. The country can’t continue to issue debt (I mean, they can, but realistically they can’t) without having some means to pay it off without risking massive inflation by issuing more paper to pay for it. We would be coming out of this in a recession/depression that would arguably impact as many lives as the virus itself. There’s a middle ground that we have yet to find, or even tried to explore as we battle the worst of it, but at some point they will have to find it. If there is a depression, it could be even longer and more drawn out than the Great Depression because we most likely won’t have a war to kickstart the economy. As with many many things, there is no one correct answer on how to address this, but a complete shutdown like this can’t continue into 2021 without ramifications that I don’t think any of us are capable of seeing or comprehending.

Correct 

It's fun when Steeze and RideDE go at it on here. Nah, I probably won't see Steeze or MattEdge until Thanksgiving, if there even is a ski season.

I would hardly call our bantering “going at it”. Largely speaking, I try to joke around, and GSS just likes to stoke the fire with asinine off the wall comments that may or may not mirror his actual stance on a subject. If anything, it’s largely the difference in lifestyle (I took the plunge into owning a house and he freewheels in a hotel as one example) that provides the underlying basis for that banter.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I did more mulching today, seems like a task that never ends