Blue 2-6-17

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Plus the learning area, tubing, a full service lodge and a uber convenient parking lot.

They could build a lodge and parking area 100 yards south and still have the tubing exactly where it is. But then they wouldn't get the run out and the stat.

If losing the terrain park meant fewer boarders I suppose I could endure that. Could we make upper sidewinder a ski trail too?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

I would want to build a lodge and parking lot on flat ground. I don't know much about construction but it seems like a lot less earth to move. I'm happy for snowboarders cause they gave us powder skis. Also if I developed a ski area I would surely have a runout at the base if feasible. Not only to pad the vertical stat a little but to make the runs last a little longer and give people a little breather at the end of the run. What's the point of getting to 40 or 50mph by the bottom of falls or Dreamweaver just to have to throw me sideways and stop...seems like a waste of energy to me...

I remember the last year Blue mountain didn't allow snowboarding 1995-96. I was in the summit lodge and saw a family of 5 with 4 skiers and one snowboarder leaving first thing. It was because Blue didn't allow snowboarding..(they were one of the final holdouts) so the family of 5 was likely headed for camelback or Jack Frost. Hundreds of dollars of lost revenue and I'm sure that sort of thing happened daily.

It's the same sport we just use different tools.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Surely you have noticed subpar boarders deciding to descend a steep with their board perpendicular to the fall line scraping a 3 foot swath down to ice.

JF is pretty boarder free thanks to the presence of "Big Boarder" nearby on the same ticket.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Surely you have noticed subpar boarders deciding to descend a steep with their board perpendicular to the fall line scraping a 3 foot swath down to ice.

JF is pretty boarder free thanks to the presence of "Big Boarder" nearby on the same ticket.

JF is far from boarder free. I skied there on a season pass for 5 yrs.

Lots of skiers like to hit the park. It's not just boarders. And anyone can ski or ride through the park. Just stay out of the landings and off the lips.

You've got to practice smart style in the park remember to EasystyleIt...Look before you leap..call your drop in multiple languages, wreck yourself before you wreck yourself..

JF is far from boarder free. I skied there on a season pass for 5 yrs.

Drastically less than at Blue which is likely more Boarder infested than any place I hit other than Big Boarder (which I hit only when it is the only game in town). I do more or less skip Bear Creek and Mountain Creek entirely.

I prefer places that focus less on terrain parks and more on ski trails, as that is what I prefer to ski. I see having a higher % of skiers as a plus, but that doesn't directly impact where I go.

Did you ever go to Big Boulder before Peak bought it? It was basically failing. Peak turning it into a big terrain park kept it going. So, next time you ski BB, like early season, thank a park rat.

#homestretch_issues

#boarder_problems

#avoidresortswithterrainparks

• Like 3

• 6 years later...