Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

My understanding is that they PADOH has been relying on contact tracing and positive symptoms before testing because that has been working. As opposed to other states that have been testing anybody who wants a test. I think that if they were more loose with testing, they would fall somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Got it.  PA just has a strategy that makes it look like our testing is bad, where in reality we don't need to perform as many tests.  Thanks for the explanation!

Just now, NMSKI said:

Got it.  PA just has a strategy that makes it look like our testing is bad, where in reality we don't need to perform as many tests.  Thanks for the explanation!

Don't quote me. That is just my interpretation and understanding of what I know regarding the testing. 

• Like 1

My question in terms of testing would be, what organization in the other states is performing the tests? It's my understanding that if you want a test you can go get one at a number of private providers. Are other states running state run testing centers? My only test so far since this whole thing started was mandated by Villanova who runs their own testing center. 

32 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Must be nice to have access to routine testing!

If you asked me in April I would have thought we'd all be getting tested routinely and cheaply by now.  Only the politicians and athletes lives are worth it I guess.  

Well, heres the thing, and @toast21602can correct me if im wrong.  

Even though you test negative, it still doesnt mean you are, kind of.  Say you were at 7 sirens, hanging out with the bros, and the next day one of the bros tells u he wasnt feeling so well, got tested, and he is positive.  If you were to run right out and get tested, (1 day after sharin a few pitchers with him) you may come back negative for actually a few days.  They actually recommend getting tested 5 days after your exposure.  So, in my opinion, the test only tells you that you didnt "have" it at that moment the test was done.  Also, its my understanding the tests are more accurate with a positive result.....like if you test positive, there is a very high accuracy rate, where as the negative results are less accurate, if that makes any sense.  

so in a sense, really the best thing to do, is to get tested "regularly".  Getting tested every once in a while doesnt really tell you that much in my opinion.  just might make you feel good.  

We have had good success getting our guys tested at 15toknow.com  Usually we can get a test in a day or two.  I saw CVS has it also, and when i went by the one last night, there wasnt a line of cars.  But you will pay about $100 for it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Even though you test negative, it still doesnt mean you are, kind of.  Say you were at 7 sirens, hanging out with the bros, and the next day one of the bros tells u he wasnt feeling so well, got tested, and he is positive.  If you were to run right out and get tested, (1 day after sharin a few pitchers with him) you may come back negative for actually a few days.  They actually recommend getting tested 5 days after your exposure.  So, in my opinion, the test only tells you that you didnt "have" it at that moment the test was done.  Also, its my understanding the tests are more accurate with a positive result.....like if you test positive, there is a very high accuracy rate, where as the negative results are less accurate, if that makes any sense.  

so in a sense, really the best thing to do, is to get tested "regularly".  Getting tested every once in a while doesnt really tell you that much in my opinion.  just might make you feel good.  

We have had good success getting our guys tested at 15toknow.com  Usually we can get a test in a day or two.  I saw CVS has it also, and when i went by the one last night, there wasnt a line of cars.  But you will pay about $100 for it.  

$145 for 30 minute results at the urgent care near me.  I'll pony up before and after each of my airplane ski trips this winter.  Would be cool if we had the technology for a cheaper, more widely available option, but alas, we do not.    

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Correct. It is just a snapshot in time. If you don't have a viral load high enough to be detected then it would be a false negative or inconclusive 

10 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Their beer isn't as good as bonn or mcall but I'd do the same thing in their position. Shut down with no funding? Gtfo. Ill stay open. 

I don’t blame them but it’s super risky as they could lose their liquor license. The restaurant industry is brutal in good times.  When I got Youells last week I felt bad for them. The staff is cut to a skeleton crew and they are actually following the rules..no bar seating and tables are spaced and employees are all wearing masks and properly.  Doing maybe 1/4 the normal business they are losing money daily and deal with fresh seafood which spoils.  They weren’t able to qualify for payroll protection at seven Sirons because it only opened 28 days before the spring lockdown.  

12 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

$145 for 30 minute results at the urgent care near me.  I'll pony up before and after each of my airplane ski trips this winter.  Would be cool if we had the technology for a cheaper, more widely available option, but alas, we do not.    

I’ll only pony up for Covid tests either if I’m sick or been around somebody that got Covid.  Only one person has contacted me who test positive but I saw him like a month ago.  I understand NMSki since you’ll be seeing your mom.  My cousins in Pittsburgh are having a big family holiday get together and everybody is doing the 30 minute test beforehand. Seeing family isn’t that important to me.  My mom and dad bug me enough by text. 

7 sirens brewing has decided to go against any governor Wolf mandates.  Wolf goes on mandates with Dr Levine hehehehe 

One of the owners friended me on FB last year and it’s been even more of a turn off then the brewery social media. I’d rather give my money to Lost, Bonn, or McCalls.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That’s good because they value your money more than they value you. 

I think they value not having to close the establishment they worked hard to open and lose their livelihood in the middle of a pandemic where the opportunity to get a new job is incredibly difficult now. 

I can just see both sides of the coin here 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That’s good because they value your money more than they value you. 

That’s fine with me.  I respect the fact they value the greater good of society over myself personally.  Businesses shouldn’t prioritize TP4’s personal health over their employees being able to put food on the table and feed their families 

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think they value not having to close the establishment they worked hard to open and lose their livelihood in the middle of a pandemic where the opportunity to get a new job is incredibly difficult now. 

I can just see both sides of the coin here 

I can see ‘both sides’ to a certain extent, but I just wanted to get TP4 worked up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

I can see ‘both sides’ to a certain extent, but I just wanted to get TP4 worked up. 

The past 2 weeks I’ve calmed down to the point I didn’t even have anything smart to say about Wolf’s diagnosis, but earlier today I was reading the Youells Seafood Facebook page and found myself getting a little hyped

29 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’d be more likely to spend my money at a business that actively went against Wolf’s standards.  

Then the customers and staff aren’t going to be as careful.  Wolf actually cares. Look at governor DeSantis in Florida he fired his data scientist for not fudging the data so she started her own Covid dashboard and state police raided her house the other day.  They’re nuts in Florida no regulations at all..a facebook friend said Covid is over here and when the Tampa hockey team was in the playoffs she was interviewed in a huge crowd at a packed bar. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Then the customers and staff aren’t going to be as careful.  Wolf actually cares. Look at governor DeSantis in Florida he fired his data scientist for not fudging the data so she started her own Covid dashboard and state police raided her house the other day.  They’re nuts in Florida no regulations at all..a facebook friend said Covid is over here and when the Tampa hockey team was in the playoffs she was interviewed in a huge crowd at a packed bar. 

Yeah, and we can all go on and on about it but nothing will change anyone's opinions on the situation. There are people who prioritize public health and there are people who prioritize the autonomy of a business. Is either wrong? Only in the views of the other.

The BFD about all of this is that we are still allowed to play with our gravity sticks on man-made snow in a few days with virtually no restrictions that will impact us at Blue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1