Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

More back on topic, how are you guys feeling about Christmas with the fam?  I for one aint feeling real good about it.  

Just with close family that I have been interacting with this whole time. No extended family. Although, I'm going to keep reevaluating since things continue to stay pretty hot.

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

More back on topic, how are you guys feeling about Christmas with the fam?  I for one aint feeling real good about it.  

Don’t do it!!!  Make up for it this summer.  I personally am not allowed at my parents house until everybody is vaccinated.  If your parents want to see you, meet them in a park for a picnic. 

• Like 1

Probably not going to happen for me. I’m in contact with a lot of people at work so I don’t want to be the spreader. Plus my wife works at a senior care home so we’re trying to limit exposure. Isn’t it ironic, don’t you think?

Sorry, bad Alanis joke
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Probably not going to happen for me. I’m in contact with a lot of people at work so I don’t want to be the spreader. Plus my wife works at a senior care home so we’re trying to limit exposure. Isn’t it ironic, don’t you think?

Sorry, bad Alanis joke

Are there any good Alanis jokes??  

A65904CC-CB7B-4F85-8EB4-E1AB096951A2.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Don’t do it!!!  Make up for it this summer.

Exactly. People just "have" to get together for the holidays just because that's what they "always do". They don't realize that this year is different and that if you do it some of the people you get together with might not be there next year. They just can't think outside-the-box. Instead of getting together for the holidays set a firm date in July now to have Christmas in July and get together with everyone and have a big bash to celebrate the end of the pandemic and to make up for the holidays. It might be so much fun that it becomes another tradition.

Edited by trackbiker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Soon you'll need your embedded microchip containing your ID2020 Bill Gates approved COVID19 digital vaccine certification to ski anywhere. A Facebook meme told me so.

Wrong..but if you don’t eat your meat you don’t get any pudding. Joe Rogan and his guest were discussing the vaccine and potential side effects.  This month we will have more news on the vaccine than in the last 8 months combined.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

26 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Exactly. People just "have" to get together for the holidays just because that's what they "always do". They don't realize that this year is different and that if you do it some of the people you get together with might not be there next year. They just can't think outside-the-box. Instead of getting together for the holidays set a firm date in July now to have Christmas in July and get together with everyone and have a big bash to celebrate the end of the pandemic and to make up for the holidays. It might be so much fun that it becomes another tradition.

Bravo to that!!!  

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wrong..but if you don’t eat your meat you don’t get any pudding. Joe Rogan and his guest were discussing the vaccine and potential side effects.  This month we will have more news on the vaccine than in the last 8 months combined.  

It's all good, the 3 former presidents are taking the vaccine publicly so I trust it 100%.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm feeling GREAT about it because I won't have to do shit!  I'll be able to sit in my house with my immediate family which is what I've wanted to do for years but not been able to!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'm feeling GREAT about it because I won't have to do shit!  I'll be able to sit in my house with my immediate family which is what I've wanted to do for years but not been able to!

Everything about this pandemic sucks, but it is a nice side effect having a readily available excuse for not having to socialize.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Don’t relatives stay at your house as well?  It’s like national lampoons vacation. 

44 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Everything about this pandemic sucks, but it is a nice side effect having a readily available excuse for not having to socialize.

Does it?  Besides some reduced socializing, it's been OK.  More working from home, more running, more flexibility, great excuse to not socialize with people you don't want to.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@saltyant remember when you parked your Sonic in the tiny space between my car and whoever took Atomic Jeff’s space???  That was awesome. Thanks for the captains wafers. 

7D3C62C1-45B2-4B64-9AD2-E9F42C9A1B54.jpeg

9D79CDAF-9A25-4CD3-BCB7-6A2B20A00B4E.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant remember when you parked your Sonic in the tiny space between my car and whoever took Atomic Jeff’s space???  That was awesome. Thanks for the captains wafers. 

Yeah I 'member. @AtomicSkier was skiing in Aspen at the time and when I told him I parked in his spot he said STFU. I think he was just jelly.

My only regret is not doing a picture of me exiting my Sonic thru the trunk to send to @AtomicSkier.

53 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Enjoy! When I moved to South Carolina my kids were small and I told my wife that we are not running back to PA for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Anyone who wants to see us is welcome to come down anytime. My neighbors who ran back to Michigan, Ohio, PA,  Massachusetts, etc. would ask how our holidays were and I would say "Great!". They would bitch about traffic, traveling, relatives, and how frazzled their holidays were.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Sorry, bad Alanis joke

This is kinda where im at now.  Thanksgiving was good, we actually ate outside, but the likelyhood of that being the case when santa comes around, is unlikely.  My Brother and SIL are really working from home, and now my Nephew has moved to all online for school, so, nobody in that household making too much contact these days.  I'm kinda looking like the bad guy here since i do go to work.  I just dont want to be the guy spreading shit around.  The numbers as of late are just down right frightning.  I feel like there is a light at the end of this unbelievable shitty tunnel, so no reason to possibly make matters worse.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah I 'member. @AtomicSkier was skiing in Aspen at the time and when I told him I parked in his spot he said STFU. I think he was just jelly.

My only regret is not doing a picture of me exiting my Sonic thru the trunk to send to @AtomicSkier.

Good one only Atomic Jeff wasn’t in Aspen this last season 

• Thanks 2