Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

15 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Went to Walmart straight from blue yesterday and finished my Christmas shopping.  Not only did I purchase a Walmart gift card, but I even spent $1.47 on a gift card holder

I bought Target gift cards at Wegmans today for my parents.  Nice avoiding a trip to target today. 

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Looks like Blue did away with family tubes and replaced them with double tubes. Covid related? Or why buy a bunch of new tubes?

(GF wants to take her kids tubing)

$49 for a three hour tubing session at Blue.  Make reservations as time slots are filling up fast over the holidays. 

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$49 for a three hour tubing session at Blue.  Make reservations as time slots are filling up fast over the holidays. 

She will probably go elsewhere as no family tubes anymore. Anyway I am not going or paying, just researching. Basically told her "tubing is fun for those who can't ski".

P.S. bummed nobody noticed my new avatar

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Looks like Blue did away with family tubes and replaced them with double tubes. Covid related? Or why buy a bunch of new tubes?
(GF wants to take her kids tubing)

They did away with family tubes last year. I was told they didn’t want to repair the family tube lift(TL3). It was a converted chair lift, not sure how old.
  • Like 1

To JFDan’s point, I’ve gotta give props to blue for today. Not sure what prompted it but rose commented that COVID aside, it feels like a different vibe this year. Lifties seemed generally friendlier today, ski patrol was chatting pleasantly with people at the top of challenge when they opened it, pointing out spots where grooming was maybe a little subpar, said to take it easy first run due to fog, etc. it was generally the most pleasant interactions I’ve had there in a long time. Also, grooming as actually way better than the patroller led me to believe, and they did a great job managing people in the lines, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

To JFDan’s point, I’ve gotta give props to blue for today. Not sure what prompted it but rose commented that COVID aside, it feels like a different vibe this year. Lifties seemed generally friendlier today, ski patrol was chatting pleasantly with people at the top of challenge when they opened it, pointing out spots where grooming was maybe a little subpar, said to take it easy first run due to fog, etc. it was generally the most pleasant interactions I’ve had there in a long time. Also, grooming as actually way better than the patroller led me to believe, and they did a great job managing people in the lines, too.

That’s what I like to hear and the liftline guy yesterday at the six pack was great.  Not like the droolers they had after Beau got fired. The Asian liftee at the six pack is a PASR favorite but we haven’t seen Darla yet.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

This has been circulating my Facebook feed for most of the day and is starting to make me wonder if people 

1: actually read where and how the money is being distributed 

2: realize all 328 million people in the US don’t qualify for the stimulus check 

image.thumb.png.c5ca868d4e7db3ad911ba9d9cff4e869.png

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This has been circulating my Facebook feed for most of the day and is starting to make me wonder if people 

1: actually read where and how the money is being distributed 

2: realize all 328 million people in the US don’t qualify for the stimulus check 

image.thumb.png.c5ca868d4e7db3ad911ba9d9cff4e869.png

A lot of it is going to enhanced unemployment, some for vaccine distribution, some for states.  And not everybody is getting the $600 but the majority is.  It works out to $2800 per American. I bet later this winter there will be another stimulus..especially if the Dems win the Georgia senate runoff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A lot of it is going to enhanced unemployment, some for vaccine distribution, some for states.  And not everybody is getting the $600 but the majority is.  It works out to $2800 per American. I bet later this winter there will be another stimulus..especially if the Dems win the Georgia senate runoff. 

People see 900 billion and immediately divide it by the population to get to the argument “we should be getting this much” without realizing it’s not $900 billion dollars of relief to be distributed to every American. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

People see 900 billion and immediately divide it by the population to get to the argument “we should be getting this much” without realizing it’s not $900 billion dollars of relief to be distributed to every American. 

Well and people were hating on the airlines getting $50 billion or whatever in the spring.  As somebody who flies I don’t want the airlines cutting corners and using old planes.  Also people suck at math and percentages and decimals and shit.  If 3% of people with Covid die that means the survival rate is 97%.  They will post that .03% die from it. No move the decimal over two spots to the right as you pass the Dutchie to the left. 

• Like 2

Well and people were hating on the airlines getting $50 billion or whatever in the spring.  As somebody who flies I don’t want the airlines cutting corners and using old planes.  Also people suck at math and percentages and decimals and shit.  If 3% of people with Covid die that means the survival rate is 97%.  They will post that .03% die from it. No move the decimal over two spots to the right as you pass the Dutchie to the left. 

I can’t not appreciate the musical youth reference here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you’re interested in learning about the new strain(mutation) of Covid-19 without watching the lengthy Dr. Vuong video above.  This is actually the fourth mutation of Covid 19. The first mutation was the one that hit Italy hard and travelled to New York and the northeast back in February and March..the second one was late summer involving mink farms..the third one was discovered in South Africa and it is more transmissible and more virulent in young adults..and the fourth one is the newer British strain that has really swept the U.K. in the last three weeks and is about 70 percent more transmissible than regular strains of Covid-19.