Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

My wife found out today that she will get the vaccine on Monday.  I'm looking forward to seeing first hand what the side affects are (if any).  

The wife got an e-mail to schedule a vaccine appointment, but they have them go through a questionnaire before actually scheduling the appointment.  After going through the questions, she got the boot, probably because she doesn't have direct contact with COVID patients.

Just now, indiggio said:

The wife got an e-mail to schedule a vaccine appointment, but they have them go through a questionnaire before actually scheduling the appointment.  After going through the questions, she got the boot, probably because she doesn't have direct contact with COVID patients.

Same deal with my wife but a week different.  She got the questionnaire last week and didn't qualify, but a bunch of other people who shouldn't have qualified fudged answers and got the vaccine last week.  My wife was pissed, but all is well since she will get it only a week later.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think it’s dumb that some of the republicans in Congress like Marco Rubio are being vaccinated who didn’t take Covid seriously and held maskless crowded rallies. 

It’s dumb that anyone in government is being vaccinated ahead of healthcare workers 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think it’s dumb that some of the republicans in Congress like Marco Rubio are being vaccinated who didn’t take Covid seriously and held maskless crowded rallies. 

This is what bugs the crap out of me.  I know plenty of people who werent real concerned with this being a real thing, werent very cautious, but i am sure will line up for the vaccine.  

But, in the end, the more people that get vaccinated, the better.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This is what bugs the crap out of me.  I know plenty of people who werent real concerned with this being a real thing, werent very cautious, but i am sure will line up for the vaccine.  

But, in the end, the more people that get vaccinated, the better.  

It also bugs the crap out of me that people who used lockdown as an excuse to day drink and get fat pretend like they care about their health.  It's really the whole picture that we should focus on:  masks + distance + healthy body/immune system + vaccine.  If the government can mandate that businesses close, they should fucking mandate that everyone eat their vegetables and get enough sleep.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Some pretty interesting activity data from Strava over the last year, but also in relation to pandemic stuff. 

that was a good read. i got a little laugh out of - "Everesting requires a cyclist to ride up and down the same hill until they’ve climbed the equivalent of Mount Everest’s elevation. Despite the absurdity of this challenge, there was a 428% increase in Everesting activities."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Will gladly trade Covid bucks for vaccine.  

That should really be an option.  I get it that some people are still out of work, or not quite making it, but people going skiing on the weekends are probably not one of those people.  

I wish there was some incentive to get the vaccine like that. Literally pay people to take it. People would be lining up in seconds and we would be on a path to recovery a lot sooner.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

My wife is scheduled to get the vaccine the first week of January and she can’t wait. I’d pay to get it if I could since I’m in contact with people constantly but healthcare workers and at risk people should be before anyone else.

We moved to a new shop like 5 miles from you. Id be worried about the people you interact with too lol

• Haha 1