Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Saw this posted on another forum...The original name, Boober Eats, made me laugh pretty hard.

Dancing at a Drive-through Strip Club

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Like every other “non-essential” business, Portland’s Lucky Devil Lounge was forced to close last month by order of Oregon Gov. Kate Brown’s stay-at-home order. Now, the strip club is offering drive-thru food service, with dancers.

The club made headlines by answering the shutdown with a delivery service called Boober Eats — a service in which dancers delivered food to customers. After being issued a cease-and-desist letter by Uber Eats, owner Shon Boulden altered the name of the service to “Food 2-Go-Go” and added an unprecedented feature as a way funnel some lost wages to dancers: Drive-thru strip shows.

Lucky Devil Lounge is making takeout a little more interesting.
BY KAYLA KIBBE / MAY 1, 2020 11:57 AM

One of the most inspiring things to come of the coronavirus pandemic is the unwavering resolve among the professionally naked to find new and inventive ways to continue being professionally naked. 

Oregon strip club Lucky Devil Lounge was an early innovator in the space

For $30, customers can experience the “Food to Go-Go” show, where Lucky Devil Dancers perform while food is delivered to a customer’s car. An order typically grants customers access to one song, but Lucky Devil owner Shon Boulden told the New York Post that tipping customers can linger for an extra song on slow nights, and some will even drive through multiple times in one night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Schif said:

How "Nailed" Can a place with a low population density really get? 

One easy way is to just import a shit ton of new Yorkers and new Jerseyans via short term rentals and then wait forever to disallow it. Thanks Gov. 

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Whats worse people from NY/NJ or Delco?

Not sure what kind of an answer you expect with that question, but its my opinion that Carbon County doesnt have enough cases for people to be put on edge.  Carbons numbers were always trailing way behind everyone else, so its my opinion Carbon County is an example of what happens when you lock shit up before it gets out of control.  Monroe County on the other hand is pretty hot right now, and i would say that is partially due to the NY commuters, and short term rentals, although Carbon has its fair share of short term rentals as well.  Delco is pretty hot, from what i see, except for the landscapers i keep seeing working close together with no masks on, people are staying home.  

I spent last weekend in the Poconos.  I didnt leave my property the entire weekend.  But i saw lots of people out, and driving by.  i saw 1 person walking with a mask on, and they were actually walking alone with their dog.  Saw groups of 3-4 people walking by, in golf carts, no masks on.  Maybe they are all related, living in the same house, maybe not.  Didnt see any contractor types driving by with masks on, or down by their chin.  My asshole neighbors across the street and 2 doors down were going to a party.  How do i know this?  They are from NY, the live on half an acre, which they think it is the size of a farm, and yelling is basically their way of talking, and most times i can here everything they say, since they dont have volume knobs.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I only asked the NY/NJ vs Delco cause BenM is from Delco and he hates it..that’s why he moved to the Poke N Hoes.  There are people here who thought the lockdown ended May 1 which was the original date.  There are also people that still think groups of ten or less are ok.  I haven’t even seen my office manager since March 20, she’s been working from home and if she comes in to grab something or drop something off it’s early AM when I’m not here.   

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I only asked the NY/NJ vs Delco cause BenM is from Delco and he hates it..that’s why he moved to the Poke N Hoes. 

I hate that area, not so much the people. So, to answer your question, NYNJ.

@JFskiDan I was surprised how much Carbon lagged behind. It was pretty impressive. Being a little more insulated from NYNJ helps I think. Commuters were a big problem too and took a while to stop, pretty sure that's why Luzerne spiked, could be wrong. And this was amazingly said -- "They are from NY, the live on half an acre, which they think it is the size of a farm, and yelling is basically their way of talking..."

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I only asked the NY/NJ vs Delco cause BenM is from Delco and he hates it..that’s why he moved to the Poke N Hoes.  There are people here who thought the lockdown ended May 1 which was the original date.  There are also people that still think groups of ten or less are ok.  I haven’t even seen my office manager since March 20, she’s been working from home and if she comes in to grab something or drop something off it’s early AM when I’m not here.   

Both Delco and Carbon are fucked up, just they are fucked up for different reasons.  

• Haha 1

I hate that area, not so much the people. So, to answer your question, NYNJ.
[mention=1753]JFskiDan[/mention] I was surprised how much Carbon lagged behind. It was pretty impressive. Being a little more insulated from NYNJ helps I think. Commuters were a big problem too and took a while to stop, pretty sure that's why Luzerne spiked, could be wrong. And this was amazingly said -- "They are from NY, the live on half an acre, which they think it is the size of a farm, and yelling is basically their way of talking..."

Not gonna lie. Get a little prideful of that being a Carbon county resident. Every county around us is in quadruple digits and here we are sitting at less than 200. Don't get me wrong I wish there was none of this but Carbon is definitely doing their part based on the numbers. There's a sign just outside Jim Thorpe that says stay home Carbon county or something like that shows a map with with hot spot counties surrounding us.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not gonna lie. Get a little prideful of that being a Carbon county resident. Every county around us is in quadruple digits and here we are sitting at less than 200. Don't get me wrong I wish there was none of this but Carbon is definitely doing their part based on the numbers. There's a sign just outside Jim Thorpe that says stay home Carbon county or something like that shows a map with with hot spot counties surrounding us.

Population, and square miles are definitely on your side in Carbon.  Delco is tiny with a huge population.  If you do some quick math, you are sitting at about half the Covid-19 cases then Delco, percentage wise, based on population.  It is freaky how long Carbon held out before reporting their first case.  Not a bad place to be.  (other than the obvious love affair that most people seem to have with Walmart up there)

Just for the record, i live 2.5 miles from Chester County, and 8.3 Miles from Malvern.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Delco is tiny with a huge population

yup. 2nd most densely populated county in pa, behind philadelphia county.

we drive to that walmart even though it's a little further than mt pocono. love that view lol

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I sure as hell hope so.  I hope i am completely wrong that our future in this is bleak.  

Well, in two-ish weeks it won't be decreasing...

But I also hope too be wrong.

Edited by toast21602

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I'm so sick of talking about coronashit but it's amazing Sullivan County still has had only 1 case, even though it borders Luzerne.

Sullivan County has the lowest population density in the state. Plus I think most people who live there have never been more than three miles from their home.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm so sick of talking about coronashit but it's amazing Sullivan County still has had only 1 case, even though it borders Luzerne.

That’s crazy and McKean only 6 cases.  We’ll be talking about corona shit this next ski season still...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Population, and square miles are definitely on your side in Carbon.  Delco is tiny with a huge population.  If you do some quick math, you are sitting at about half the Covid-19 cases then Delco, percentage wise, based on population.  It is freaky how long Carbon held out before reporting their first case.  Not a bad place to be.  (other than the obvious love affair that most people seem to have with Walmart up there)
Just for the record, i live 2.5 miles from Chester County, and 8.3 Miles from Malvern.  

True although Jim Thorpe and Lehighton are really low (35 or so total between the two of them) and folks are definitely much closer than they are on the mountain. In other Carbon County Covid 19 related news, Mahoning Valley Cinema is closed for good which is a huge bummer.