Only game in town - how much longer?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Just now, JFskiDan said:

Vail Resorts has closed all North American resorts for the year. 

Vail Resorts has announced that its North American resorts and retail stores will be closed for the 2019-20 winter ski season amidst the continued challenges associated with the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). 

The people in the Ikon Facebook group are looking for compensation and talking about a class action lawsuit against Alterra. Jackson hole is actually gonna give their season passholders some sort of compensation or credit for closing 4 weeks early.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The people in the Ikon Facebook group are looking for compensation and talking about a class action lawsuit against Alterra. Jackson hole is actually gonna give their season passholders some sort of compensation or credit for closing 4 weeks early.  

I for one am so tired of hearing people say they should get money back on their Ikon/Epic/season pass.  This is how small peoples minds are sometimes.  

The only compensation i can see is if someone bought one that hadnt been used at all yet, but i would bet thats a super small percentage of passholders.

I saw someone complaining about their ski trip that was cancelled, and they got everything back but $200.  If that $200 is really going to change that persons world, then they need to quit skiing.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I for one am so tired of hearing people say they should get money back on their Ikon/Epic/season pass.  This is how small peoples minds are sometimes.  

The only compensation i can see is if someone bought one that hadnt been used at all yet, but i would bet thats a super small percentage of passholders.

I saw someone complaining about their ski trip that was cancelled, and they got everything back but $200.  If that $200 is really going to change that persons world, then they need to quit skiing.  

Yeah well some said they haven’t even used their multi resort passes yet and were planning on using them for spring trips.  I always used to think skiers were mainly salt of the earth people or rich folks but some of these Ikonics are rediculous.  

People can hate on the OK boomers but most of those complaining are millennials. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah well some said they haven’t even used their multi resort passes yet and were planning on using them for spring trips.  I always used to think skiers were mainly salt of the earth people or rich folks but some of these Ikonics are rediculous.  

People can hate on the OK boomers but most of those complaining are millennials. 

Because people my age think they’re entitled to every fucking thing in the plant 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Because people my age think they’re entitled to every fucking thing in the plant 

Well and I’m just starting to deal with your generation a little bit and you aren’t wrong...if I tell ok boomers I’ll have a proof/drawing for them in a week they’re cool with that and the 30 year olds will say is there anyway you can get me that faster.     

Kyle at least you’re saying it and not me.  Literally Thursday night a male bartender I know who works at a golf course was bragging about how much he makes and now he’s crying poverty on Facebook since he’s out of work and hoping for trump to send him money..sure the check is in the mail...

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That certainly is worst case scenario. There have been a few of those going around with some pretty wild estimates. I've been using this site to track things: https://ncov2019.live/data

It isn't 100% accurate because it pulls data from multiple sources are various times, but it is as close to live-tracking as possible.

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That certainly is worst case scenario. There have been a few of those going around with some pretty wild estimates. I've been using this site to track things: https://ncov2019.live/data

It isn't 100% accurate because it pulls data from multiple sources are various times, but it is as close to live-tracking as possible.

How do they even come up with these numbers? 1% recovered in the US? That's just plain deceiving. Yeah, they probably mean that the people are still showing some symptoms and hence cannot be counted as fully recovered, but still this 1% draws a gloomy picture, like OMG we're all gonna die.

Plus it's static, doesn't show the trend, no idea if things are accelerating or slowing down.

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Sam Bennett is a local allentownian who owns a bed and breakfast.  I don’t understand the five day testing??

528E2DC7-6D4C-4B44-AE2C-1192214CC802.png

Heh, they closed my dentist today. Whether you have a follow up appointment, some new work done, or a true dental emergency, sorry, can't help you. But if someone can please find N95 surgical respirator masks, do tell them, and then they'll reconsider.

Ain't that splendid?

'cause on the other hand I'm looking at a family not far away posing and smiling for app.com, in quarantine due to one member tested positive, saying that it's all going on not too bad for them, with none being seriously ill.

19 minutes ago, eaf said:

How do they even come up with these numbers? 1% recovered in the US? That's just plain deceiving. Yeah, they probably mean that the people are still showing some symptoms and hence cannot be counted as fully recovered, but still this 1% draws a gloomy picture, like OMG we're all gonna die.

Plus it's static, doesn't show the trend, no idea if things are accelerating or slowing down.

You have to be symptom free to be considered recovered. Because we barely started testing, there aren't many diagnosed cases that exceed that 14 day window of being considered recovered.

15 minutes ago, eaf said:

Heh, they closed my dentist today. Whether you have a follow up appointment, some new work done, or a true dental emergency, sorry, can't help you. But if someone can please find N95 surgical respirator masks, do tell them, and then they'll reconsider.

Ain't that splendid?

'cause on the other hand I'm looking at a family not far away posing and smiling for app.com, in quarantine due to one member tested positive, saying that it's all going on not too bad for them, with none being seriously ill.

If I was a dentist I would not be taking patients until this gets under control.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If I was a dentist I would not be taking patients until this gets under control.  

IDK, aren't dentists still doctors? Hippocratic oath and all comes to mind? I am not talking here about the closure of a Dunkin Donuts around the corner, or a massage salon, these are doctors who decided to sit it out.

56 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I've been using this one

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Btw, I don't grasp the concept of "let's all sit home for a week or two". What's gonna happen in two weeks exactly? I imagine, most of the folks who are infected will realize that they're and will either end up in a hospital or an extended quarantine. But it's not gonna eliminate the danger fully. Two more weeks pass, and we're gonna have the curve sky rocketing again. And what's next? New two weeks of national emergency? Then again and again until either everybody catches the virus and recovers, or a vaccine is found and mass-produced (which as some say is gonna take at least a year)?

11 minutes ago, eaf said:

IDK, aren't dentists still doctors? Hippocratic oath and all comes to mind? I am not talking here about the closure of a Dunkin Donuts around the corner, or a massage salon, these are doctors who decided to sit it out.

It’s their business they can be open if they want to or not. Hair salons are closed as well. 99% percent of dental visits are to clean teeth or maybe fill a cavity. If you have a dental emergency and your dentist is closed you can go to the ER

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Btw, I don't grasp the concept of "let's all sit home for a week or two". What's gonna happen in two weeks exactly? I imagine, most of the folks who are infected will realize that they're and will either end up in a hospital or an extended quarantine. But it's not gonna eliminate the danger fully. Two more weeks pass, and we're gonna have the curve sky rocketing again. And what's next? New two weeks of national emergency? Then again and again until either everybody catches the virus and recovers, or a vaccine is found and mass-produced (which as some say is gonna take at least a year)?

Because during these two weeks if less people interact with one and other and spend time in crowded setting they’ll be less likely to spread the virus more.  Yes in two weeks and six weeks people will continue to be infected but the goal is to spread out the rate of infection so that hospitals do not become filled beyond capacity.  If 250,000 people are infected in the next two weeks it’s wag worst than 250,000 people being infected in the next two months.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1