Jump to content

Only game in town - how much longer?


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

Btw, I don't grasp the concept of "let's all sit home for a week or two". What's gonna happen in two weeks exactly? I imagine, most of the folks who are infected will realize that they're and will either end up in a hospital or an extended quarantine. But it's not gonna eliminate the danger fully. Two more weeks pass, and we're gonna have the curve sky rocketing again. And what's next? New two weeks of national emergency? Then again and again until either everybody catches the virus and recovers, or a vaccine is found and mass-produced (which as some say is gonna take at least a year)?

Do you just talk to talk or are you really bad at looking into things on your own? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?fbclid=IwAR0CDmrKdda3ayNl8UGz_JU4JAMZCuatfqX7JCYqicVwLOZVhwOdp6e2EBQ

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This e learning stuff is going to fuck my shit up today.  With my wife being at work at the hospital all day (gross and concerning), I’ll have my kids with me at work and am supposed to guide them thr

Your time share available?  Asking for @JFskiDan

Salty just go to hunter mountain. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I'm sure it's extremely oversimplified, but extremely illustrative. Thanks for the Link!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Thanks what rock has Eaf been hiding under for the last few weeks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

You should really brush up your reading and comprehension skills. May want to take a whole package and include social skills as well so that you don't bark at people all the time. I did say about the curve sky rocketing, hence implied flattening that the sitting may achieve. What concerns me here is that stay for two weeks at home or don't stay, it's not gonna end in two weeks. So, the general message that every closed venture is trying to communicate about this being for two weeks at most, so please forgive us for this temporal inconvenience, is fake. It's gonna come in waves. That's depressing by itself, but what people are gonna do in-between the waves? Trying to accomplish what they couldn't while everything was forced to be closed. So whoever may be shifting their dental or any other appointment will rush into the office, mall, what not, with the interactions now X times more than they would've been, to account for the time wasted and in fear that the time until the following closure is running out. Fun, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eaf said:

You should really brush up your reading and comprehension skills. May want to take a whole package and include social skills as well so that you don't bark at people all the time. I did say about the curve sky rocketing, hence implied flattening that the sitting may achieve. What concerns me here is that stay for two weeks at home or don't stay, it's not gonna end in two weeks. So, the general message that every closed venture is trying to communicate about this being for two weeks at most, so please forgive us for this temporal inconvenience, is fake. It's gonna come in waves. That's depressing by itself, but what people are gonna do in-between the waves? Trying to accomplish what they couldn't while everything was forced to be closed. So whoever may be shifting their dental or any other appointment will rush into the office, mall, what not, with the interactions now X times more than they would've been, to account for the time wasted and in fear that the time until the following closure is running out. Fun, right?

It doesn't stop until the curve recedes, eaf. Businesses are trying to be hopeful but I don't think it is going to be done in 2 weeks. Rescinding anything prematurely will make things worse. 

tenor-146468660.gif.60582235ae7c392f3f5d4befe60ee4df.gif

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

It doesn't stop until the curve recedes, eaf. Businesses are trying to be hopeful but I don't think it is going to be done in 2 weeks. Rescinding anything prematurely will make things worse. 

tenor-146468660.gif.60582235ae7c392f3f5d4befe60ee4df.gif

Toast should kids be out playing basketball??  I succumbed to the hype and just bought two bottles of jack Daniels.  Sorry @RidgeRacer no ice machine in the hotel house but I have two ice cube trays 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Toast should kids be out playing basketball??  I succumbed to the hype and just bought two bottles of jack Daniels.  Sorry @RidgeRacer no ice machine in the hotel house but I have two ice cube trays 

I guess the CDC guidelines are for groups of 10 or less... hopefully they wash their balls appropriately! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because during these two weeks if less people interact with one and other and spend time in crowded setting they’ll be less likely to spread the virus more.  Yes in two weeks and six weeks people will continue to be infected but the goal is to spread out the rate of infection so that hospitals do not become filled beyond capacity.  If 250,000 people are infected in the next two weeks it’s wag worst than 250,000 people being infected in the next two months.  

Doug has been on a roll lately 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Vail Resorts has closed all North American resorts for the year. 

Vail Resorts has announced that its North American resorts and retail stores will be closed for the 2019-20 winter ski season amidst the continued challenges associated with the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). 

The email I got goes on to say the following:

Dependent on the situation with COVID-19, and pending weather conditions, we will consider reopening Breckenridge in Colorado, Heavenly in Lake Tahoe and Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia in late April/early May.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

The email I got goes on to say the following:

Dependent on the situation with COVID-19, and pending weather conditions, we will consider reopening Breckenridge in Colorado, Heavenly in Lake Tahoe and Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia in late April/early May.

 

220D8F4B-929A-43E0-8519-A86F099257A3.gif

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are daycares closed?   Don’t people have babysitters. 

I believe most are closed, which makes it incredibly difficult for some parents.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are daycares closed?   Don’t people have babysitters. 

Yes. Daycares are closed, unless it’s a daycare for essential personnel. The daycare where I work got special status, and only employees of hospital may bring their kids. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Childcare is a rough situation right now.  I brought my kids into my office and made them sit on beanbag chairs in the corner for like 6 hours.  They were only allowed to leave my office to use the bathroom.  They actually didn’t mind and were pretty good but if this thing goes 4 weeks like is rumored I’m going to put a fucking bullet in my head having to deal with stress at work and managing kids. 

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Childcare is a rough situation right now.  I brought my kids into my office and made them sit on beanbag chairs in the corner for like 6 hours.  They were only allowed to leave my office to use the bathroom.  They actually didn’t mind and were pretty good but if this thing goes 4 weeks like is rumored I’m going to put a fucking bullet in my head having to deal with stress at work and managing kids. 

Please, please don't do that. Just drink more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some PASRs might get a stimulus check from Uncle Sam.  Mitt Romney is proposing $1,000 per person. My friend said it’s only for those that make under I think $65,000 but no idea where they got that info.  Not to sound like Bernie Sanders but a rich or comfortable person getting $1,000 won’t matter but an out of work hospitality worker would mean a lot..also money to airlines..what’s another trillion added to the national debt.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Childcare is a rough situation right now.  I brought my kids into my office and made them sit on beanbag chairs in the corner for like 6 hours.  They were only allowed to leave my office to use the bathroom.  They actually didn’t mind and were pretty good but if this thing goes 4 weeks like is rumored I’m going to put a fucking bullet in my head having to deal with stress at work and managing kids. 

I hope you’re being sarcastic.  Your kids are old enough to be home alone anyway. You don’t know any babysitters. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the child care situation is shitty. My daughter's day care is closed until the 31st at least.  I'm going to start working from home every other day.  As long as its nice out at least I can take her outside some so she doesn't go crazy.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are daycares closed?   Don’t people have babysitters. 

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I believe most are closed, which makes it incredibly difficult for some parents.

This was a “pleasure” visit and had nothing to do with getting anything from the office or anything to do with work that’s why most of the people had a problem with it. Said person was already working from home and came in because they “got bored”. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Some PASRs might get a stimulus check from Uncle Sam.  Mitt Romney is proposing $1,000 per person. My friend said it’s only for those that make under I think $65,000 but no idea where they got that info.  Not to sound like Bernie Sanders but a rich or comfortable person getting $1,000 won’t matter but an out of work hospitality worker would mean a lot..also money to airlines..what’s another trillion added to the national debt.  

Chances are I’m getting one as I make less than $65k a year, but as nice as that would be, I don’t need it because I can work from home and I’m still getting 100% of my income so it’s life as usual.  I would rather see it go to my single father neighbor who’s a chef (and now out of work) and has a 1 year old and likely has bills to pay and is relying on an unemployment check every week. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This was a “pleasure” visit and had nothing to do with getting anything from the office or anything to do with work that’s why most of the people had a problem with it. Said person was already working from home and came in because they “got bored”. 

Chances are I’m getting one as I make less than $65k a year, but as nice as that would be, I don’t need it because I can work from home and I’m still getting 100% of my income so it’s life as usual.  I would rather see it go to my single father neighbor who’s a chef (and now out of work) and has a 1 year old and likely has bills to pay and is relying on an unemployment check every week. 

Not sure if unemployment is a given, at this point. Anyone who processes claims is not at the office, and I don’t think they work from home. Just having a long weekend can screw timing of your check up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope you’re being sarcastic.  Your kids are old enough to be home alone anyway. You don’t know any babysitters. 

Doug what do you know about having kids? This is a huge problem for lots of people. And no, not everyone has a babysitter. You have no clue. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Childcare is a rough situation right now.  I brought my kids into my office and made them sit on beanbag chairs in the corner for like 6 hours.  They were only allowed to leave my office to use the bathroom.  They actually didn’t mind and were pretty good but if this thing goes 4 weeks like is rumored I’m going to put a fucking bullet in my head having to deal with stress at work and managing kids. 

I hear ya. I’m so glad I don’t have young kids at home. I really feel bad for everyone that does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...