Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can hunter open on 4 forecasted nights of snowmaking weather? 

Who knows. If they open I will be there. Doesn't take any planning to do a day trip.

Life is too short not to ski every viable weekend November to April.

So you figuring no PA before December?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yes they still have this Sat listed as opening day with reservations to open tomorrow morning. Won't be surprised if that changes as they did post on their FB page to stay tuned for updates. 

You follow the weather at all.  Killington might have a WROD white ribbon of death for Thanksgiving.  

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep they cancelled the planned opening this weekend.

Now hoping to start Skison at Hunter on Nov 20. Probably take off the Friday to ski with smaller crowds than the weekend will see.

Have you seen the forecast for Hunter mountain fa la la la la maybe just maybe but I doubt it. 

3DDF0E6B-B196-4EB6-B269-21C86DE9E714.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Who knows. If they open I will be there. Doesn't take any planning to do a day trip.

Life is too short not to ski every viable weekend November to April.

So you figuring no PA before December?

Do you look at the weather forecast?? If there’s skiing in the poconos the first week of December I’ll be doing a happy dance. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you look at the weather forecast?? If there’s skiing in the poconos the first week of December I’ll be doing a happy dance. 

I generally assume weather forecasts more than 5 days out are as accurate as a coin toss. But since I am scheduled to.do an outdoor show in 12 days I won't mind a bit more of a warm spell if that's what we get.

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I would have to agree with this.  

6 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I generally assume weather forecasts more than 5 days out are as accurate as a coin toss. But since I am scheduled to.do an outdoor show in 12 days I won't mind a bit more of a warm spell if that's what we get.

For everyday beyond the current day, the forecast loses 10% accuracy.  so Saturdays (3 days from now) forecast is about 70% accurate.  

That being said, if you ignore the sunny/partly cloudy/rain/snow part of the forecast, and look at strictly temperature, it becomes more accurate.  Its bizzare to say that Thanksgiving day will be mostly cloudy with a shower at noon at this point, but its not out of the question to say its going to be about 45 degrees that day.  

• Like 2

And is the first day free?
First day and the sixth day are free. Visits 2 through 5 are 50% off midweek...25% off weekend / holiday. Will probably end up running about $300 for 6 days (50 a day)...my daughter a little less. Plan right now is to swing up to WF in Dec and March.... sprinkle in a few days at belle in between. We'll see.

Sent from my Nokia 5.3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheapest airfare I found to Jackson hole flying out of Allentown and connecting through Chicago.  Jackson hole is offering a $300 credit if you book airfare, lodging and lift ticket through then so the airfare is essentially free.  Wow. Lift ticket prices have gone up a lot..7 day is about $1,000. I miss the golden ticket days where it was 40-50% off with season pass. 

E364CBEB-0898-470F-BF17-CB91EE68B8E7.png

• Like 2

Cheapest airfare I found to Jackson hole flying out of Allentown and connecting through Chicago.  Jackson hole is offering a $300 credit if you book airfare, lodging and lift ticket through then so the airfare is essentially free.  Wow. Lift ticket prices have gone up a lot..7 day is about $1,000. I miss the golden ticket days where it was 40-50% off with season pass. 
E364CBEB-0898-470F-BF17-CB91EE68B8E7.thumb.png.580bd6c99ad09ea01f2a336049351c1d.png

Awesome deal. Are they still doing the pass holders to other mountains discount in Jan?

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Awesome deal. Are they still doing the pass holders to other mountains discount in Jan?

50% off through December 18th or after March 15th. If they keep getting tons of snow I’d consider an early last minute trip there.  23” in the last 48 hours..more snow overnight and this weekend. 

I'm looking at flights to SLC right now and they are surprisingly expensive. 430 for round trip out of Philly. Can save a few bucks and knock it down to around 350 by taking longer layover routes through Tampa but that doesn't seem worth it. I'm hoping prices take a dip in the next week or so. 

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I'm looking at flights to SLC right now and they are surprisingly expensive. 430 for round trip out of Philly. Can save a few bucks and knock it down to around 350 by taking longer layover routes through Tampa but that doesn't seem worth it. I'm hoping prices take a dip in the next week or so. 

layover in tampa is not worth saving $80 over. american is usually not the cheapest, but their flights out of philly to SLC are usually at times. I'm sure flight schedules are all sorts of wacky right now, but their ~6:30pm out of philly would get you into SLC a little before 10pm mountain time, so you could essentially save one vacation day that you would have otherwise used for traveling. then do redeye on the way back if you're really trying to milk it. i have about $350 in southwest credit, not sure what i'm going to do with it yet. maybe we get lucky and one/all the vaccines pan out sooner rather than later and we return to pseudo normalcy by mid ski season and i'll use it for a late season trip somewhere. who knows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Please for the love of all that is skiing do not take the flight to Tampa.  Utah is by far the most convenient western destination for skiing. A few hour flight, grab the rental car, and be booting up an hour later (depending on flight times of course)

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 3

Relax PASR, I'm not taking the flight through Tampa. Just illustrating the range of flights available. There are 3. Two through Denver and one PHL>TPA>DEN>SLC. I'm only looking at Southwest because I have a bunch of credit with them that expires in April and I don't see myself doing multiple trips in the coming months so I want to use it up now. 

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Relax PASR, I'm not taking the flight through Tampa. Just illustrating the range of flights available. There are 3. Two through Denver and one PHL>TPA>DEN>SLC. I'm only looking at Southwest because I have a bunch of credit with them that expires in April and I don't see myself doing multiple trips in the coming months so I want to use it up now. 

Did you check Frontier?  you may even be able to get a flight there with more connections.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

layover in tampa is not worth saving $80 over. american is usually not the cheapest, but their flights out of philly to SLC are usually at times. I'm sure flight schedules are all sorts of wacky right now, but their ~6:30pm out of philly would get you into SLC a little before 10pm mountain time, so you could essentially save one vacation day that you would have otherwise used for traveling. then do redeye on the way back if you're really trying to milk it. i have about $350 in southwest credit, not sure what i'm going to do with it yet. maybe we get lucky and one/all the vaccines pan out sooner rather than later and we return to pseudo normalcy by mid ski season and i'll use it for a late season trip somewhere. who knows?

Pretty funny I also have about $350 in Southwest credits.  The nice think about living here in Allentown is that I can fly out of philly, Newark or Lehigh valley.  Newark is often cheaper than Philly but I don’t think Philly people want to drive to Newark to save $100. One suggestion Schifdawg is to switch around dates..I find Tuesday flights to be the least expensive followed by Wednesday and Thursday. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Sadly, one year ago they were making snow at both Blue and BB.  Currently 50 degrees and rain.  No great snowmaking temps for a little while yet.  2020 continues to suck.  

Tuesday and Wednesday nights cough cough. It’s only 11/12 not time for concern yet.  If it’s 12/12 and still like this you might wanna hitch a ride to Hunter mountain or mount snow with Ski2live. 

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tuesday and Wednesday nights cough cough. It’s only 11/12 not time for concern yet.  If it’s 12/12 and still like this you might wanna hitch a ride to Hunter mountain or mount snow with Ski2live. 

Not concerned, just bummed as maybe some snowmaking at this point could turn some frowns upside down.  Not concerned with hitchin a ride with squi2live to Hunter since TTC6 likes to carpool.